For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Currently: Improving the NS1 Gauge System
izzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond repute
Default NS1 Gauge System with GPS Mapping

After a couple seasons of development and testing the NS1 is finally available! It has been available since early November, but limited availability has kept me from annoucing it on Snowest until now.

The NS1 Gauge System is a complete replacement for the stock gauge on both Arctic Cat and Polaris sleds. It has a detachable 7 inch Android based display that you can take inside and plan routes, download maps, or get updates from your couch. You can choose from a wide variety of gauge faces including horizontal bar and needle graphs, vertical needle and bar graphs, circular needles faces, and text faces. Each of these gauge faces comes in a variety of sizes. The gauge system even has inputs to show AFR and Boost.

It has advanced GPS mapping capabilities that allow you can display street maps, aerial imagery(US only), and overlay elevation contour lines (US only). These features set this gauge system apart from any existing gauge system, including the Polaris IDD, and make it a true replacement for the standalone GPS unit that many mountain riders rely on.

Trail maps for Minnesota, Michigan, New York, and Wyoming are pre-loaded on the gauge. Wisconsin, Maine, New Hampshire, and North Dakota trail maps are available if you purchase Redpinemapping.com's GPS Sled Maps USA. In addition, limited Garmin map support is available, with more advanced support scheduled for late this season.

The NS1 Gauge System will also have the ability to Data Log and graph the collected data right on the NS1 Display. Data will be automatically recorded, and well over 50 hours of data can be stored. This feature will be available within the next couple weeks.

You can find more information on the NS1 Gauge System's features, along with how to pre-order, here:
NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges

The documentation for the NS1 Gauge System, including the Installation Manuals and User Manual, can be found here:
Documentation - Next Stage Gauges

If you have an Android tablet or phone you can test drive the NS1 Dashboard App, which is the App that runs on the NS1 Display:
NS1 Dashboard App

The Deluxe Gauge Software Reflash enhances the stock Arctic Cat gauge to correct odometer inaccuracies, allow engine coolant temp to be displayed, add data logging, and many other improvements.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-28-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Fixed photo sizing

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to izzni For This Useful Post:
sledhed (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 07:49 AM
Currently: Russians did it!
The Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I am not sure its for me. But I could really see this being a good thing for avid touring folks. Durability would be my issue as I am hard on things and still have a "go big" attitude, haha. But the big screen and such makes it ideal for someone like my father (in his 70's and loves going for miles).

Honestly what really blew me away was the price. I figured you'd be at a price double what they are. Nice.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Currently: Not set.
likkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious about adding (for example) Garmin topo maps.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:04 PM
izzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond reputeizzni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by likkerpig View Post
I'm curious about adding (for example) Garmin topo maps.
I don't have plans to support Garmin topographical maps, but I do plan to more fully support Garmin maps in general.

Right now the extent of the Garmin map support is showing trails. It has been tested with Redpinemapping's GPS SledUSA, although it will handle most trail only Garmin maps as well. Trail names, waypoint names, and styles of trails and waypoints won't be supported until after this season.

The reason I won't be supporting Garmin topographical maps is that there is perfectly good topographical maps already available for the NS1.

The Deluxe Gauge Software Reflash enhances the stock Arctic Cat gauge to correct odometer inaccuracies, allow engine coolant temp to be displayed, add data logging, and many other improvements.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-28-2018 at 02:32 PM.

samiams2 (01-28-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Currently: Play Time is over, back to work
LongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzni View Post
I don't have plans to support Garmin topographical maps, but I do plan to more fully support Garmin maps in general.

Right now the extent of the Garmin map support is showing trails. It has been tested with Redpinemapping's GPS SledUSA, although it will handle most trail only Garmin maps as well. Trail names, waypoint names, and styles of trails and waypoints won't be supported until after this season.

The reason I won't be supporting Garmin topographical maps is that there is perfectly good topographical maps already available for the NS1.

When updates/changes are made, are you going to provide them free for years to come?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHorn XC View Post
When updates/changes are made, are you going to provide them free for years to come?
I will be providing software updates for free, although hardware updates will not be free. I'm actually about to publish today the update that adds data logging.

samiams2 (01-28-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 12:56 PM
likkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond reputelikkerpig has a reputation beyond repute

I got broken links on the topo map reply... Wasn't aware it came with those preloaded. Thanks for the info!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Ron Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzni View Post
I will be providing software updates for free, although hardware updates will not be free. I'm actually about to publish today the update that adds data logging.

Is this device portable? As in can I use this on my sled during winter and come summer use it on my rzr via a different docking system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Burgandy For This Useful Post:
samiams2 (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 04:53 PM

The aerial imagery and topo maps are not preloaded, but instead loaded through the Area Caching feature. This allows you to download the aerial and topographic maps for your area and use them offline.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-28-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Old 01-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 PM
LongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond reputeLongHorn XC has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-28-2017, 09:23 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Basic Member
Jshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond reputeJshlee3 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-29-2017, 09:59 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-30-2017, 07:47 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-30-2017, 12:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 09-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Basic Member
cflorek is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 09-13-2017, 10:04 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Currently: show me the pow
Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 10:57 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Currently: show me the pow
Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond reputeTuesday has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Basic Member
foooos is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 AM

Click Here to Register