• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low Rider ATC 250R snowbike

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
Did some measuring and my Honda 250R 3-wheeler seat height is 5" lower than any of my bikes. So I installed my snow kit for a low rider backup bike. Handles well on pavement, now just need to install the ski and wait for snow. I'm 5'10" and can sit on it with my feet flat on the ground. Something different.

toss it 1.jpg toss it 2.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I don't know for me it does not matter if I can touch because the snow is always too deep for it to be worth anything? Maybe on the road? They bring said cool project...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
Mostly just a backup bike in case my other setup is out of commission, but will also be testing it out on my girlfriend who is just over 5 feet tall. Will have heated grips and be low enough for her to climb on and hopefully easier to pick up if it tips over. Just messing around.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Mostly just a backup bike in case my other setup is out of commission, but will also be testing it out on my girlfriend who is just over 5 feet tall. Will have heated grips and be low enough for her to climb on and hopefully easier to pick up if it tips over. Just messing around.
Good point there;) does the frame feel smaller overall that is what made my wife comfortable.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Cool project, interested to see it all setup. I think this is the first " in between" size snike. The little sno ripper does not look capable for much more than laps around the back yard and every other bike is full size and too big for kids.

S
Glad to see it!!

I have been thinking about doing this and am glad to see it done! I have a few 200X parts bikes that I am going to build into a dedicated snow bike. I am thinking that I will put a 350-450 engine from something in the 200X frame. I would love to see how this turns out. Let us know how it handles and compares to a "normal" kit.

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Cool idea. :) I bet it'll work out quite nice, my woman has been watching the film Trax lately and feels the height won't be a factor for her 5 foot frame.... But if it turns out to be one, then I might need to look in this direction. :) Good job. :) Keep the pics coming.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Honda also had the 350X that was similar in frame to the 250R but was four stroke and air cooled. Still fast, but had the necessary torque down low in the RPM's.

That would be an ideal short person/kids bike. And like someone else mentioned, the seats on those ACT's were super comfy compared to any modern race bike.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
Honda also had the 350X that was similar in frame to the 250R but was four stroke and air cooled. Still fast, but had the necessary torque down low in the RPM's.

That would be an ideal short person/kids bike. And like someone else mentioned, the seats on those ACT's were super comfy compared to any modern race bike.

The 350 x did not hold a candle to the R. I think a atc r with a 265 kit would make a great lady bike or for the vertically challenged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features