For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: EDGE 2002-2005, all models in the Edge chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Currently: Avoid Power Addiction(PAR) like the plague!
SnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond repute
Question 1085 PSI Genesis - Pre-mix compatible or NOT???

I have a 1085 that I will start running this Winter. I am planning on going with Pre-mix fuel. I do not want to mess around with fabbing the chassis to allow the oil pump lever to clear nor do I want to add an oil reservoir, pump and lines.

My question is: HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS ENGINE IS PRE-MIX COMPATIBLE?
Were they all compatible? Is there something I should look into or an easy way to check? I'd like to NOT tear the engine down to confirm if possible.

When I got my hands on it, it did NOT have an oil pump or lines attached. It was otherwise complete. I only see the crank pulse port for the fuel pump and 2 check valves for oil ports, 1 on the MAG side and 1 on the PTO side. To me that doesn't seem like it would provide an adequate amount of oil to run oil injection alone. Hope to run this on strictly high octane/redline pre-mix!

When in Doubt, Throttle it out!!!

'09 Polaris IQr 153"
'05 Polaris 900 RMK 174" - rollin' on 10"s
'96 Polaris Indy Ultra RMK - draggin asphalt!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-31-2016, 11:00 AM
SnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond repute

???

'09 Polaris IQr 153"

Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,828 Times in 4,522 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Injection ports plugged?

If I remember correctly, there is a port within the case that should be open.

Wayde?

OEM parts from Free Agent

Ambassador

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Old 10-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Currently: counting spuds
Turbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond reputeTurbotater has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen one that wasn't drilled for premix.
You can pull the reed valves, run the piston to the top and look inside to see if it's drilled.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotater View Post
I've never seen one that wasn't drilled for premix.
You can pull the reed valves, run the piston to the top and look inside to see if it's drilled.
I think that's what I was thinking of.

Ambassador

Old 11-07-2016, 02:44 PM

Good strategy Tater. I was thinking I would have to tear it down to find out. I hope that will allow enough access. Thank you!

'09 Polaris IQr 153"

Old 11-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Currently: Internet Rmkpro 800apprentiship
Basic Member
peaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond repute

would the liberty 800 ports be the same ?one new to me 04 vertical escape 159 800 has no oiling system on it. when the jugs are off I can see on the right and left sides its drilled diagonaly to about the crank seal.?

Old 11-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Garage

I can't say exactly, but I know that they are NOT Polaris cylinders nor is it a Polaris case.

It's not a Polaris engine.

It's a full PSI engine design. These aren't bolt-on to end kits.

Ambassador

Old 11-22-2016, 01:29 AM
Currently: ..current
Goinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceofwork View Post
would the liberty 800 ports be the same ?one new to me 04 vertical escape 159 800 has no oiling system on it. when the jugs are off I can see on the right and left sides its drilled diagonaly to about the crank seal.?
This sounds like it has been drilled. From Polaris, there were casting dimples there but no hole. If you're running premix, the holes need to be drilled to provide oil out to the outer bearings (both MAG and PTO). I used a 3/16" or 1/4" drill bit when I drilled mine. The drilled hole should intersect the factory, fitting fed hole, on the PTO side. Then that hole should be opened up towards the seal because the outermost PTO side bearing actually covers up part of that hole. If you go to Indy Specialty's website, and look at their Torque Master bottom ends, you'll get a better idea. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I did mine, or they were deleted at some point.

The Following User Says Thank You to Goinboardin For This Useful Post:
peaceofwork (12-29-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 AM
Garage
Old 12-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Currently: ahhh back to work
Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
slash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register