For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Currently: Wishing for snow.
OnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Polaris 2.6 track VS CE 2.5

Alright so last year I ended up with quite a bit of damage to my stock 2.6 track. Looking to get a new track this year. I love the performance of the 2.6 track but am a little worried about the durability of it. Don't really just want to destroy another one. How do you guys think it compares to the CE 2.5 track? I've run this track on my 163 pro and loved it and had zero durability issues. The track still looked new after 1500 miles. But I'm not sure if there is anyone that has put this track on the Axys. I imagine it may perform different with the different chassis. Or is there any other tracks out there that your guys would recommend? I don't want to go 3" or anything like that. Just want to stick with the stock 2.86 drivers and driveshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Currently: Not set.
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Also curious, heard great things about that track on the pro, and have not heard of anyone running it on the axys.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute

As I'm guessing you know, there are two CE 2.5s; the 2.86 pitch with the serrated paddles, and the 3.0 pitch with the non-serrated lugs (supposedly the track they based the 2.6 off of, kinda). Some peeps liked the 3.0 pitch abit more on the pro in the pow, although it required the driver change. Might help others if you confirm which one you had before (other than assuming you had the 2.86 from your driver comments), and for them to qualify what they have experience with. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Currently: Last ride of the season 5/25/18...
sledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond repute

Camo Extreme 2.5 with 2.86 pitch is a very durable track, have one on my 860 Dragon and no missing lugs or anything in a lot of miles... it is stiffer than a stock 2.4 Poo track, to me that is a plus, I would not trade the increased downhill braking of the Camo Extreme for any benefits of the softer track in softer snow... that being said, the stock Polaris track on the 2015 I picked up seems to be stiffer than the stock track that was on my wife's 2008 Dragon 700 back in 2009 (SCARY downhill in spring conditions). I am still going to switch the 2015 Pro to the Camo Extreme 2.5 / 2.86 pitch track as soon as I get a chance. The stocker already has a few chunks out of a few paddles from the previous owner...

Last edited by sledhed; 09-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhed For This Useful Post:
Ron Burgandy (09-08-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,468 Times in 846 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhed View Post
Camp Extreme 2.5 with 2.86 pitch is a very durable track, have one on my 860 Dragon and no missing lugs or anything in a lot of miles... it is stiffer than a stock 2.4 Poo track, to me that is a plus, I would not trade the increased downhill braking of the Camo Extreme for any benefits of the softer track in softer snow... that being said, the stock Polaris track on the 2015 I picked up seems to be stiffer than the stock track that was on my wife's 2008 Dragon 700 back in 2009 (SCARY downhill in spring conditions). I am still going to switch the 2015 Pro to the Camo Extreme 2.5 / 2.86 pitch track as soon as I get a chance. The stocker already has a few chunks out of a few paddles from the previous owner...
I would echo what sledhead said. I too had a CE on my Dragon. The IQ's trenched compared to the Pro chassis. The CE made it trench more and I had to do some limiter and suspension changes. It's a tough track, brakes really well, hooks up mad on heavy snow and is heavier than the 5.1 and Series 6 tracks. It doesn't perform as well as the 5.1 in really light powder snow, but that's what the 5.1 was for (and to be light). The Series 6 track seems to be a combo of the two, it just isn't holding up as well.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Currently: Wishing for snow.
OnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyPolaris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg2view View Post
As I'm guessing you know, there are two CE 2.5s; the 2.86 pitch with the serrated paddles, and the 3.0 pitch with the non-serrated lugs (supposedly the track they based the 2.6 off of, kinda). Some peeps liked the 3.0 pitch abit more on the pro in the pow, although it required the driver change. Might help others if you confirm which one you had before (other than assuming you had the 2.86 from your driver comments), and for them to qualify what they have experience with. Good luck!

Sorry I had the 2.86 model on my 2013 pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-02-2016, 07:34 AM
damx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond repute

I had the camo extreme 2.5 3" pitch flat top., on my pro. It is a very good track, 1600 miles no damage at all. It was very close traction compared to the axys 2.6 track. Only thing the axys track has over it is the light weight.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Currently: dreaming of snowflakes
ggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond reputeggcustoms has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9174

If I went with the 9174M 3" pitch I wouldn't have to run a anti-stab kit since I am going from 7 tooth to 7 tooth right? Is it still a good idea to run one anyway though. Still have to trim rails right?
Found a good deal on a mini (600) and might pull the trigger, but just want to get something better than the 5.1.
Also, TracksUSA still running a trade in program for unused take-off tracks?
It'd be nice to just throw a series 6 in and call it good but the durability and the price (300 more than the 9174) come into play.

Last edited by ggcustoms; 09-16-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Currently: Loving my BMP 860
Thanked 1,556 Times in 915 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcustoms View Post
If I went with the 9174M 3" pitch I wouldn't have to run a anti-stab kit since I am going from 7 tooth to 7 tooth right? Is it still a good idea to run one anyway though. Still have to trim rails right?
Found a good deal on a mini (600) and might pull the trigger, but just want to get something better than the 5.1.
Also, TracksUSA still running a trade in program for unused take-off tracks?
It'd be nice to just throw a series 6 in and call it good but the durability and the price (300 more than the 9174) come into play.

If you go with this driver set, then no, you will not have to trim the rails or install an anti-stab kit.
http://shop.avid-products.com/eshopp...e_for_Axys.htm

If you go with this driver set up, then you will have to trim the rails and install an anti-stab kit.
http://shop.avid-products.com/eshopp...s_drivers_.htm

The Following User Says Thank You to richracer1 For This Useful Post:
ggcustoms (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 11:31 PM
Currently: Winning
Basic Member
szotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a noticeable difference between the 2 driver differences like ratcheting or anything

Old 10-13-2016, 01:11 PM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Currently: Tinker till I die
tinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerjohnson For This Useful Post:
Fire (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Currently: Tinker till I die
tinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-17-2016, 02:02 PM
FCR112 has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM
gtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter
Thanked 2,103 Times in 764 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Currently: Getting ready
kylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-27-2017, 12:56 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Currently: Getting ready
kylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond reputekylant has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-22-2018, 03:24 AM
Currently: waiting for the Big Snow maker to give us some Powder inthebackcountry of theUPehh
prorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond reputeprorideupper800 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-24-2018, 12:03 PM
gtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Basic Member
takethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond reputetakethebounce has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register