For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: S-2000 and older 1998 and older, all models in the S-2000 chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
BeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond reputeBeetleKill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replacement Skis

I just picked up a 97 Formula 500 deluxe for my son to ride.
The sled is all stock and in good shape but I would like to put some more modern skis on it.
Has anyone put skis from a newer skidoo on one of these? Did you need to customize the mount/saddle?
I would like to put a single keel/ runner type one. My son will be 8 by next season. I would like to use a ski that keeps the steering effort kinda light.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm looking forward to going sledding with my son!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute

Most modern plastic skis will offer a saddle for those spindles, it was a very standard spindle/saddle design used through at least 2008 on certain models. Both the original doo plastic single runner and dual runners will also work (I've had a long line of doos, including S-2000 chassis 97 440 MXZx's, and every chassis from Formula through XP, swapped skis among them with simple saddle changes.) So will Simmons. No need to mod the spindle, just rubbers and ski saddles. I'm assuming it has the original 1-ton OEM metal skis now. My kids did well with the doo dual runners on the S, ZX, and Freestyle chassis's, still can be had at swap meets. Low dart, easy steer, good bite. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reg2view For This Useful Post:
BeetleKill (05-26-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Currently: Skis for Mountain, Trail, Crossover and Race
caproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleKill View Post
I just picked up a 97 Formula 500 deluxe for my son to ride.
The sled is all stock and in good shape but I would like to put some more modern skis on it.
Has anyone put skis from a newer skidoo on one of these? Did you need to customize the mount/saddle?
I would like to put a single keel/ runner type one. My son will be 8 by next season. I would like to use a ski that keeps the steering effort kinda light.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm looking forward to going sledding with my son!!
Our Trail X (TRX) Skis would be a great option for your son's sled. They work great on the trails and have minimal steering effort.
More details can be found here: https://www.caproskis.net/trx

Our skis come with the mount kits and you will not need to modify the saddle in any way. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Basic Member
AZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond repute

Rev dual keel skis are direct bolt on. Forget what I used for the ski rubbers, but I didn't buy any that I recall.
I was able to run them inboard and narrow up the stance by a couple inches, it needs it.
Got a formula 380 for my younger boy, he was riding it when he was 7. Now 10 and should be able to manhandle it a little in the powder now.
136x16x1.25 track was pretty much a bolt in too with rail and tunnel ext of course.
One cool thing that works, if the kid is short, since the tank/seat is so wide, is mount the foot brackets for a 2 up skidoo on the existing running boards. Much better traction and raises the footprints enough to help with the big wide seat.