For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Currently: Sledless
Joks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife wants a new Sled

My wife wants a new sled. Last weekend she rode a Pro Assault at the Divias Clinic and loved it. She is between the SKS And a M8000. I'm not interested in people bashing either sled. I'm looking for ladies opinions who have rode both sled. I want to give her the best sled to hep her grow what she learned at the Clinic.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Joks79; 01-26-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Currently: Not set.
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

anyway for her to ride each for a day? she will have the answer by the end of the second day.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:03 PM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine had an M8 and now a pro 600. She says no going back to that. Much happier on the pro. Not really an aggressive type rider. Just likes to get out and enjoy the day but will go where the group goes and play around.

Sent from my telephone

The Following User Says Thank You to line8 For This Useful Post:
Missy (01-28-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Joks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond reputeJoks79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliki View Post
anyway for her to ride each for a day? she will have the answer by the end of the second day.
She can ride an M, but not a SKS. No one near us has one that I have found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by line8 View Post
Mine had an M8 and now a pro 600. She says no going back to that. Much happier on the pro. Not really an aggressive type rider. Just likes to get out and enjoy the day but will go where the group goes and play around.

Sent from my telephone
Sounds like my wife. thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:13 PM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife wants a new Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joks79 View Post
She can ride an M, but not a SKS. No one near us has one that I have found.

Sounds like my wife. thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

With that said....I've got a 14 Proclimb, and she doesn't like it either.

Sent from my telephone

Old 01-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Wowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond repute

Both are great sleds each having unique advantages over the other. We have a SummitX, a RMK & a M8000 in our trailer. I went from Doo to a new cat this year. Cat has a stronger pulling motor (in my opinion) and the new front end is a game changer. I rode Doo's for several years and had no plans of changing brands until I demo'd the cat last spring. My daughter rides the Polaris and loves it. I ride it some, but have never felt very comfortable on it.

In my humble opinion, all three big manufactures have great sleds you really can't make a bad choice, seat time is the only way to say which is better for her and that is 100% personal preference. Having a dealer you can depend on for service should weigh into the decision process. After she decides give her some $ to make it hers, we a pretty sled!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wowmom For This Useful Post:
Missy (01-28-2016), Sled Idaho (02-29-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,130 Times in 423 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't find an SKS to demo, find a Pro to demo. Same width front end (narrower than Assault) and will ride almost identical to SKS-- most riders won't notice the difference of the front cooler and chaincase.

If she likes the Pro, she will like the SKS.

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

Old 01-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Currently: is doing her SNOWDANCE!
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that the lighter, the easier it is for me to handle. I started out on a HUGE Mountain Cat and loved it when I was a newbie! But now the PRO has been a game changer for me, especially upgrading to the Pro AXYS 800. When they say you look somewhere and that is where it goes, that is not an understatement. This is by far the easiest sled I have ever ridden. I have heard the AXYS 600's are great machines as well.

I have stuck with the 155 track. I demoed a 163, but I didn't care for it as much as the shorter track. I know LOTS of woman prefer the longer track.

Get out there and demo as many as she can. Her opinion will differ from all of ours!

Old 01-31-2016, 06:51 AM

We picked up a SKS yesterday

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No