For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Currently: Not set.
PowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up You Ladies Ever Ridden A Snow Bike?

Hey ladies - have you tried a snow bike?

I've now ridden them three times and had so much fun on them! It's a totally different riding style than snowmobiling but that's what's so cool about them - snow bikes totally open up a whole new world of riding snow! I've heard some say they are boring and easy to ride... hmmm, well so is a snowmobile if you don't take it into the right terrain! I haven't gotten to spend a whole lot of time on them but the little bit of time I have, I found myself weaving in and out of trees, laying it over and then taking lines left and right that aren't possible on my sled! And for a small person like me - it's easier to handle them on a steep slope - two skis vs. one makes side hilling a lot less intimidating! I also found they go killer through the powder! Oh and did I mention how sore I am from it! Holy heck, I found new muscles that's for sure! Anyway, I don't own one but some day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sarah-whipple-snowbike-03.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	262100   Click image for larger version

Name:	sarah-whipple-snowbike-02.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	262101   Click image for larger version

Name:	sarah-whipple-snowbike-04.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	262102  

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PowderGirl For This Useful Post:
Missy (12-14-2015), Snow Duck (12-15-2015), volcano buster (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Currently: is doing her SNOWDANCE!
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of ladies had them at the Ladies ride in Halfway OR last year! They look fun.

They look intimidating to handle on the trail. Did you struggle with that at all?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Wowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond repute

A guy in our group is building one, my husband and I picked the motorcycle for him a couple weeks ago..... Not sure I'm brave enough to give it a try!

Old 12-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Currently: Dancing in the Snow
misssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond reputemisssledderki has a reputation beyond repute

Did a LOT a few years back but only just a little rip here and there the past few years.
Sure did miss my sled too much and the raw physical power to ride it!

Here is a couple videos from a few years back!

https://youtu.be/t2Q2A3vS5xY

https://youtu.be/yON8GydKhhc

The Following User Says Thank You to misssledderki For This Useful Post:
PowderGirl (01-11-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Currently: Revelstoke BABY!
Thanked 1,225 Times in 441 Posts
CoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond repute

4 rides on mine and I'm having a riot! Way different style and you cover so much ground so easily and quickly. I keep getting myself into places I shouldn't be. ie avalanche terrain. Makes me nervous as all hell... as I get more experience under my belt I'll be able to look "out" into the terrain further and make better line choices.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3002rs.jpg
Views:	1686
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	263540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9318rs.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	334.5 KB
ID:	263541   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9480rs.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	263542  

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoyoteGirl For This Useful Post:
Missy (01-05-2016), PowderGirl (01-11-2016)
Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Basic Member
hughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond reputehughesfoundation has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to revive this thread....I have an older snowbike setup and my wife likes to ride it in the powder but not sure she could handle it on the hard packed trail. What are you gals riding and how are they on the hardpack?

Old 09-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Currently: Someday you'll finally get rid of that extra ski .
Hawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is 5' 4" and this is her ride . it's all in the set up even with the bikes .
Try finding the original Snow Hawk ski with the trackers . It's way more aggressive than any of the bike kit skis and tracks true . It's horrible in deep snow .
There's a few Hawk riders that participate in the bike section that could help you .
That is how I started her out so she could build her confidence on the hard pack and now she clips down trails like it's no big deal with a TS ski that has a lot less traction .

The bike has to be set up for her otherwise it will be a short lived hobby.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161226_132422405~2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	285452  

The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkster For This Useful Post:
hughesfoundation (09-10-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 04:01 PM
PowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesfoundation View Post
I would like to revive this thread....I have an older snowbike setup and my wife likes to ride it in the powder but not sure she could handle it on the hard packed trail. What are you gals riding and how are they on the hardpack?
I'm riding a 2017 Timbersled ST LE 120 - not sure if I'll be upgrading to the new ARO yet but I did get a chance to demo the new kit and ski last spring and it seamed to handle awesome on the trail! My 17 ski does feel pretty unstable on the ice but everywhere else it's fine although I did wipe out pretty good once on the hardpack in a corner last year so I just always look for the soft stuff - embankments are super fun to ride anyway - WAY MORE FUN than the trail!

Old 09-17-2017, 04:08 PM

Had soooooo much fun getting comfortable on the Timbersled last year!!!

The crazy places I could go!!!

Had a lot of fun racing it too!

The Following User Says Thank You to PowderGirl For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-18-2017)