• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hoe hard is it to make a homemade slp air intake sensor relocate?

N
Jul 15, 2014
So I have been reading about the intake relocate and have heard people making there own. I would love to hear from some people who have made there own and what and where they got there products. I would love to just try and replicate what slp has done because it looks clean. If you havr pics to help me out to visualize it that would be great to.

U
Oct 26, 2014
Minnesota
You can use standard crimp style connectors and heat shrink wrap over them, then wrap with electrical tape. I did it with mine and haven't thrown a code and runs great. Soldering provides an excellent wire to wire connection since they are fused together and would be the professional way, but regular crimp connectors work also..

R
It will take you several hours. I always contemplated about it, then talked to Brent Linderman at Arctic Edge and he told me that you have to do it!!! It will change your idle, acceleration, its a more accurate reading then up at the intake. So I purchased the SLP cable from Ebay., I would rather order the right one vs playing with wires and trying to find connectors.
Brent actually told me that after the relocate, it will richen up a little. I never noticed it because I have an air box mod which I did.
I would say do it, just don't be in a hurry and do it right.

Cheers

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Since I have the BDX hood I did not put mine on the plastic piece between throttle bodies and intake. I put mine above intake on the block of plate closer to where hood draws cold air in. And then I hide the cable under the hood foam with little bit of strong heat resistant tape :D

C

crossfire879

Oct 21, 2010
Alberta, Canada
If you don't know how to splice and solder then buy the kit. Don't cut it and use butt connectors. As a mechanic, I can't effing stand that crap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
If you don't know how to splice and solder then buy the kit. Don't cut it and use butt connectors. As a mechanic, I can't effing stand that crap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Seen way too many crimp connectors fair. Just buy the kit.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Just did the slp kit on mine last Saturday, like mentioned its cheap and easy enough might as well buy the slp extension. I think the hardest part was dismantling the hood/headlight to get the sensor out, but that was simply because id never torn one apart before so didn't know how it all came apart, not a hard task by any means.

C
with multimeter find the wire directly at the ecu and tap weld the 2 wire there . at the ecu gently skin the plastic on the wire and weld your temp plug in on the side off the wire , don't cut them . in the dash just cut near the plugin and tape them , reason to weld on the side off the existing wire is they goes to the cluster . no wire added stock appearance don't cost noting . i did 2 , have next gage cluster and have air temp read out .

Last edited:
Premium Features