• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
power

I pulled with a v10 and a 8.1 chevy in there day the chevy would outpull the v10 with no problem, so i bet the new 6.2 would be better than the v10.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
power

It's all about each truck company trying to out do the other on power now days, thats fine as long as they can get comfort in there to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How much weight did they drop?

On an F-150 to GM 1500 the Ford with all their fancy aluminum is a whopping 86 lbs lighter.

They say it dropped the same as the 150.
About 700 pounds
But that they took half of the weight savings and rolled it back into the truck in additional strengthening.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Correct.
Ford is claiming they passed along about 50% of the savings, and reinvested the other 50% in structural upgrades to the undercarriage.

Yep and also the added weight also came in upgrades like the larger axles, brakes and hitches.

Just think of the sled trailer you could build now!! I'm thinking you need a custom 40' one made! :face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yep and also the added weight also came in upgrades like the larger axles, brakes and hitches.

Just think of the sled trailer you could build now!! I'm thinking you need a custom 40' one made! :face-icon-small-ton

Thanks LOADS pal.
I was thinking about DOWNSIZING the trailer this year so it would be EASIER to chase after the snow storms

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I honestly don't care for the look of the front end... looks too much like a Chevy with the 2 horizontal bars so close together giving it the 'grill on top of a grill' look. I like the idea of added cab space from the F150, but it doesn't appear to have the same big truck 'presence' that I feel when I look at my Super Duty. It 'looks' like a smaller truck to me... I guess we'll see when they start hitting the streets. I do also like the upgrades to the undercarriage... though my '02 works excellent for my uses, the investment there was due.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The interior shots make it look virtually like the 150. The center arm rest is about the same width as well. The previous Super Duty arm rest was super wide and I don't see that now.

For ease and cost of manufacturing it does make sense to use one cab for the product lines like the other 2 Domestic trucks do instead of a large (F150) and Super Large (previous Super Duty).

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I was surprised they didn't announce some type of EcoBoost engine. In the F150 I'll take the 3.5 EcoBoost over the 6.2 V8 any day. I guess the have a year to work on it for a last minute announcement.

Premium Features