For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Currently: Waiting for Winter
schmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garmin rino 650 Maps

Looking for info on the different types of topo and birds eye maps available for the garmin products. As well as the newer Hunt maps. I mostly ride the snowy range but our group will be branching out without some of the old timers. Looking for the best option for my GPS to go along with a trail map. I was able to overlay the trail map from centennial onto my garmin but am not sure how it will work in the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-31-2015, 11:44 PM
Currently: Waiting to ride new toy...
xc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond reputexc6rider has a reputation beyond repute

I use the 24k topo microSD for WY, and then i have uploaded birdseye as well. Works pretty well, and memory on the unit can hold a large majority of the range, in birdseye.

Ive never got to uploading the trail map onto it, i usually just reference between the map and gps if needed.

The 24k will add in a ton of trails/logging roads, which alot of are used as the main trails.

I believe the hunting maps does essentially the same, but indicates private property lines etc. not certain. Ive used 24k topo for hunting in colorado, also along with birdseye, and wouldnt do without now!

The Following User Says Thank You to xc6rider For This Useful Post:
schmidty89 (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Currently: Waiting for Winter
schmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond reputeschmidty89 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to look into some topo maps then. I like the idea of being able to see the logging trailed since most the sweet spots I find are off some of the hard to find trails. If anyone is interested in overlaying the trail map it's pretty easy. I just found the map on the Wyoming trail website and screen printed. After that it's just a matter of uploading to google maps and stretching/ moving it until it fits up. It is nice if you have a few of the trial intersections pinned for a reference point. I'm guessing I'll still use a trail map but it should be easier to reference. There are a few web how too's on Google to step you through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk