For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
kraken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ignition issues

New to sledding (well, haven't sledded since early 80's). Just bought a new to me arctic cat ext 580 efi mountain cat. I got it not running cause it was the correct sled for me (2 up seat, still fun - compression great). I don't get any ecu light when the key is turned on, and no spark. When I checked the ignition, there were four wires in there, and the ignition switch ones were loose. I've looked in the manual, and only diagram is for an electric start.

There is a red/yellow wire (hot), a red white wire, and two red black wires. Can anybody tell me what is supposed to be wired where? Sled was sold to me as a 96, but Arctic Cat says 95.

Rate this post: Yes | No