For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Photography & Video All things Camera & Video

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Currently: Not set.
flex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do the Go Pro batteries suck so bad???

I'm open for suggestions, tired of getting into the backcountry, and my camera is dead.
I had to carry extra batteries w/ on the last day just so I could shoot a few videos...what a disappointment.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,867 Times in 7,055 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex2win View Post
I'm open for suggestions, tired of getting into the backcountry, and my camera is dead.
I had to carry extra batteries w/ on the last day just so I could shoot a few videos...what a disappointment.
High surface area, low core density, allows them to get COLD fast.
I also wish there was some alternative battery system offered by GoPro.

There is a thread about a guy who hard wired a external battery into his case.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Currently: Loving my BMP 860
Thanked 1,538 Times in 906 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

They use lithium batteries. Lithium batteries do not like cold temps at all.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

This is a commercial solution
http://www.photographyandcinema.com/pages/cagepro

How Does it Work?
Our unique Patent Pending design solves several problems for filmmakers who use the GOPRO® HERO3 / HERO3+ in professional production and broadcast environments. First and foremost, our cage offers additional mounting points - an important feature to minimize vibrations when rigging the GOPRO® to cars, motorcycles, planes, boats, and more.
The CagePro also incorporates a 62mm threaded filter ring to further improve the image quality from the GOPRO® HERO3 / HERO3+ Cameras. By adding an ND Filter you can reduce shutter speeds on bright days which can help to reduce Jello and Rolling Shutter effects. Or slap on a CPL (circular polarizing) filter to reduce glare on reflective surfaces and enhance color saturation in skies, oceans, and trees.

Our most innovative feature pumps power to your Hero3 through a common LP-E6 battery (Canon DSLR Type)! A single Canon LP-E6 Battery can provide more than 5 hours of run time on a single charge. A perfect solution for long video takes, or a full day of Time Lapse projects.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Garage

This is another commercial external battery solution.
http://cam-do.com/GoProBatteryEliminator.html

15 Watt Hour LiPo Battery with 3.7 to 4.2 Volt Output

To use the V15 15 Watt Hour battery with the 4V GoPro Battery Eliminator it is necessary to tap the internal battery supply which is compatible with the camera.

This specially adapted battery is fitted with a short cable terminated in a male connector compatible with the Cam-Do 4V Battery Eliminator Dummmy Battery

This is the most efficient solution for providing a high power battery which can be simultaneously kept charged by solar power or an AC adapter, providing a long term uninterruptible power solution for long term installations.

When the GoPro camera is powered directly from the V15 battery in this manner, the USB connector at the side of the camera is free for connecting to a computer for instant downloading of images and video.

On its own, the V15 battery lengthens the GoPro battery life by 3 to 4X.

Last edited by christopher; 01-05-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Currently: WAITING FOR SNOW
ilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Not water proof though....

Old 01-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Currently: Boost in progress!
rmk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond reputermk all the way has a reputation beyond repute

It kind of sucks and is a hassle some time but i find throwing a hand warmer in a goggle bag with the camera in the morning tell i get ware i want to film seams to help keep them charged and happy for a while.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:01 AM
bucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond reputebucky919 has a reputation beyond repute

I never really had a problem with my hero 2, I only carry one extra battery so two total. On the trail I usually keep it the camera in my backpack, put the batteries in the inside of my coat pocket. Then when I get to good riding I put the camera on and turn it on and off as needed I don't record the whole time. Then I don't take the camera off my sled or helmet to the end of the day. Usually by lunch ive gone through the first battery and the second battery the rest of the day.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepowder View Post
Not water proof though....
Not waterproof to begin with.
But that last power pack solution COULD be pretty easily converted over to one of the sealed cases and made to work for sledding.

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
jonasumb (08-03-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 11:31 AM
ilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond reputeilovepowder has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 01-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Currently: not being CBP any longer
2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Currently: Craving more snow
Basic Member
jman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond reputejman94 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Bowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bowfisher For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-08-2015), GSX97 (09-01-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Bocephus (01-08-2015), Bowfisher (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 12:19 AM
2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute2Huskies has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 12:24 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 01:49 AM
Currently: Some guys my age take Viagra. I just ride my Pro.
The Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fourth Wolf has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 09:00 AM
flex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond reputeflex2win has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register