For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
GPS enabled devices GPS Maps, Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT, ect

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Currently: Not set.
bullrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Backcountrynavigator App

Does the Backcountrynavigator app work with an IPhone? Has anyone had good luck using this?
Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Currently: currently just working
Bcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond reputeBcorn has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking into it for a Android turbo, I believe it will work for a iPhone as well.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Currently: ready for snow
jsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond repute

I use it on my Galaxy S5 and it works good, even when in airplane mode so your not wasting battery searching for service in the woods. But, I've yet to figure out how to overlay the trail maps or forest service maps onto it so I can tell where the heck we are when we get misplaced in white out conditions or nearly out of gas.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Basic Member
powderskirt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default android only

the app is only for android but it is awesome. i am sure i dont use most of the features. but tracking your course and the topo maps is great

The Following User Says Thank You to powderskirt For This Useful Post:
Bcorn (01-09-2015)
Old 05-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsledder View Post
I use it on my Galaxy S5 and it works good, even when in airplane mode so your not wasting battery searching for service in the woods. But, I've yet to figure out how to overlay the trail maps or forest service maps onto it so I can tell where the heck we are when we get misplaced in white out conditions or nearly out of gas.
You need to first purchase the PRO version ($11.99), then download the CalTopo map for the area you are riding in. Once you do that, set the phone to airplane mode, and start recording a track before you leave the parking lot. This will track yourself offline as you ride. If you get lost, just follow the track back to a waypoint or parking lot.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:25 AM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

What Timbre said...

Droid only. This is the reason I've never had an ifone. I'm not willing to give up BCN.
There are overlays that you can purchase from BCN. I have the sled and atv trails as well as the govt property lines for Id & Wy. That's about $50 tied up in an app. No regrets. Been using it on the past 3 phones....6 or 7 years. The app does way more than I will ever use but, that's a good thing. Even use it on my samsung tab s.

The Following User Says Thank You to blastco2 For This Useful Post:
Timbre (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you have had such good luck with this app.

* Did you have any issues with it using the battery to quickly?
* If so, do you bring along an extra battery, or one of those portable battery charger pack things?
* How many days will the battery last?
* What phone did you use the app on? I plan to use a small tablet as well as an old Galaxy S6 phone for testing while ATV riding this year.