For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Currently: Worthless
Rocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Enclosed Trailer Flooring Question

I've had a couple enclosed trailers, one with LineX and the other is the new Mirage plastic coated floor. Both worked well, each has differences IMO.

I am looking at a gooseneck race trailer I can use for other hobbies and I notice several have the "black coin rubber flooring". I've seen flooring before in Featherlite Race Car Haulers, etc.and they appeared to hold up well to race fuel, degreasers, brake cleaner, water, dirt, etc..

They say it's layed on the plywood floor in one piece, no seams. I guess a guy could just use SLP skins or ski boots, knowing a carbide would probably cut into the hard rubber. Since it's a gooseneck, I'd have to drag them out the back or use the dolly. Do you think you could hose it out still, broom out the snow and ice, mop it on a warm day etc? It looks really nice and appears to be very durable. I know it's a pricey option, that's for sure.

Anyone seen this used in the snowmobile world? Any thoughts or comments?
I figured somebody on here would surely have an opinion! LMAO

Thanks.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Currently: Preparing
Basic Member
MtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tim,

If it's rubber/plastic, I'd be concerned that spilling the typical oil/grease etc would create a bananna peel effect.

I've been looking at a marine-grade adhesive gel coat that is used to texture fiberglass boat decks - since it would have some grip, and be easily hosed down. It would definitely require ski boots though.

I think I'm going to end up doing diamond-plate with mats and place some of the clear marine gel-texture in the traction areas.

http://www.modulinecabinets.com/photos/photo187.jpg

Best of luck!

MD.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Currently: I'm back
Ski-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond reputeSki-Laxn has a reputation beyond repute

The blackdot flooring is very nice and the chemicals arn't the issue the skegs are though and will cut it.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Currently: Back in the game!
Dogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond repute

I know this has been asked 7 billion times before...

but why will Rhino Liner sprayed on thick NOT work?

I mean yeah your carbides will eventually cut it, but is that really a bad thing? I mean even with that mirage flooring eventually my carbides are gonna wear that out ...

I've been towing my parents Charmac the last couple days, and it has the plain wood flooring, and after slipping sliding, having to get running starts just to load the damn sleds, etc, it's making my Mirage look more appealing all the time...

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
I know this has been asked 7 billion times before...

but why will Rhino Liner sprayed on thick NOT work?

I mean yeah your carbides will eventually cut it, but is that really a bad thing? I mean even with that mirage flooring eventually my carbides are gonna wear that out ...

I've been towing my parents Charmac the last couple days, and it has the plain wood flooring, and after slipping sliding, having to get running starts just to load the damn sleds, etc, it's making my Mirage look more appealing all the time...

The Rino coating is expensive. The best and most durable deal is a marine-grade fiberglass and add sand for traction. Very durable.

You can buy a truck bed liner for $20 at the junk yard and make tracks or cut out a section the size of a ski and strap it to the ski and slide it around without hurting the carbides or trailer floor.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Currently: Preparing
Basic Member
MtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond reputeMtnDoo has a reputation beyond repute

Dogmeat - lots of way to do this of course.

I got a quote for $2K to put in Rino lining - and to know that that floor was going to get trashed - forget it. Ski boots do the trick, but get old - especially when it's cold. I don't mind investing in good flooring material, but I'd be more apt to invest if I know it's not going to get trashed.

;-)

Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Currently: Not set.
2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute2mileshigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default liner

Put rino liner on my enclose, very tuff and easy to clean.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Currently: Please help support YOUR riding area! 5 Minutes to write a letter . . . or join SAWS!
Bagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond reputeBagger has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=I've been towing my parents Charmac the last couple days, and it has the plain wood flooring, and after slipping sliding, having to get running starts just to load the damn sleds, etc, it's making my Mirage look more appealing all the time...[/QUOTE]

DM, I've got a Charmac and was tired of the exact same things. This summer I spent 50 bucks for a two part epoxy garage floor paint kit. It's light grey.
A couple of buddies donated old truck bed liners they had laying around, and I cut runners out of it.

I've already spilled oil and gas on the floor , no problems, and the sleds load so much easier with the bed liner it just about makes me laugh everytime I load them!

Total was about three afternoon of work. Sure was worth it! Bagger

Best Mod to date: Back Country Basics Clinic!

"Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one."

Old 12-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Currently: Worthless
Rocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond reputeRocky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input. I ended up buying a trailer that has the front/cabinet area in the grey dot floor. I'm going to just put rubber backed mats here, as this is the area we're in/out of the most. The remainder of the trailer was done in diamond plate flooring. I'm going with marine grade gray carpet for this year. I'm thinking of having it LineX'd over the summer. I think it will bond with the aluminum and should wear just fine. Agree?

I got too good of a deal on this brand new gooseneck, only thing wrong is the floor for sledding.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Currently: Let it snow!!!!
Thanked 1,108 Times in 389 Posts
Sunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond reputeSunridge Sledhead has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Currently: There's NOTHING free or basic about me
Basic Member
Beels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond reputeBeels has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Beels For This Useful Post:
M-Head (01-02-2017)
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
ndmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond reputendmtnsledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Currently: Back in the game!
Dogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 03:20 AM
Currently: Looking at the snow
Mortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond reputeMortgage Paul has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Currently: Winter was over before it started
dmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Currently: Camaro has arrived
Wyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Currently: On the mend-neck surgery
thinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond reputethinksnow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Currently: Camaro has arrived
Wyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond reputeWyoming T/A has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Currently: Ready for SNOW
Basic Member
johndeere8420 is on a distinguished roadjohndeere8420 is on a distinguished roadjohndeere8420 is on a distinguished road

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Basic Member
Treebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enoughTreebender will become famous soon enough

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Basic Member
BigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Currently: Doing snow dance
Basic Member
trailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond reputetrailtoy1993 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Basic Member
weantright is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Dunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond reputeDunatic has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Basic Member
BigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register