• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860R

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Interesting with the twins how low they will hit with different exhaust valve openings.
Early on when I started having problems hanging on to the motor doing a dyno pull, one of the "quick fixes" I thought would help was I locked the exhaust valves wide open and started a pull clear down @ 4,000 thinking it would be so "poochy" on the way up I could hang on to it. Big shock! About the count of 3, pipes would get enough heat and it would literally be gone!!!!!!!!!!! I'm talking it would hit about 4,300 rpm!!!!!!! Jesus----------
These big pipes with the huge volume they have are just begging to be filled, and then hang on!!!!!! What a hoot!!!!!!!!
I have almost 15 gal of fuel through the motor on the dyno so it's getting there.
After I get all the fueling figured out, it's going to be interesting to note what I have for pipe pressure with these carbs / build etc. Pipes are @ 29mm now, we'll see-------------

Awesome update, sounds interesting and great info as always.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Going to run Jaws twin pipes on 880 in a XP. How much jetting difference did you make when going to Mondo's w/ the Mikuni (I'm assuming you ran still ran DPM)? Running 490 mains now with bored carbs. Going to try Byeatts trick w/ the DPM to take care of issues in mid if need more fuel there. Friend has some lectrons I may have to pick up and try if you like what you get w/ yours.

Last edited:
S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Running K&N pods, Boyeseen reeds. Powervalves are converted to old style. Have a shim to lock the two blades of the valve together (currently out, running separately). Also block off plates to eliminate valve all together. When running block offs w/ single, sled used a ton of fuel, bottom lost a little response, but not bad. Be curious to see how your modifications pan out. It's great seeing someone try something new.

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Lectrons

Going to run Jaws twin pipes on 880 in a XP. How much jetting difference did you make when going to Mondo's w/ the Mikuni (I'm assuming you ran still ran DPM)? Running 490 mains now with bored carbs. Going to try Byeatts trick w/ the DPM to take care of issues in mid if need more fuel there. Friend has some lectrons I may have to pick up and try if you like what you get w/ yours.
If you can get enough air to it, I'd go straight to 48mm Lectrons.
Take the power jets out if they have them, and put "Intellijets" from Thunder products, Knob goes on bars / where/ever. = needles 1/2 throttle down, knob on bars 1/2 throttle up. Un-beatable--------------

No computers. No programs. No buttons / lights, and nobody's bs where to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Making smoke!

Got the old mod going again today. It lives now as an 880R. Everything else pretty much the same. Dang, missed some 48mm Lectrons on Ebay the other day. Would have liked to tried those. No brainer in this case as they are the same outside dimensions as the 46's I'm running.
Built another set of my latest design heads and excited to see the results with this motor. Going to try a little less helix with a softer spring in the Paragon when I get going, we'll see.
Mother nature can step in any time with the white stuff.:face-icon-small-hap

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Intellajet

Wow. Got an education on fueling / Lectrons running the Intellajet setup.
With the 860R earlier and now the 880R I could never get it figured out on top end when I had time to mess with it. Running the next to the leanest needle on top end & still couldn't even get it close. FAT!!!!! They were both a pooch on top, fat as hell. Well, got to thinking and learned some more, (always good!!),
installed different tubes with smaller holes. Like went from .067" down to .055",
turned the adjusting knob to full rich just to be safe and holy crap. We have some serious action going on now he he. Jesus!!
Come to find out I had "alcohol tubes" in it!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, no wonder it wouldn't run on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need some more fresh snow & we'll go burn some fuel up the on mountain!!!!!!!!

Premium Features