For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: S-2000 and older 1998 and older, all models in the S-2000 chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Currently: Not set.
redbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud of
Default crankcase vaccum for fuel pump

I have a 98 mxz 670 and am not getting fuel to carbs, I took the fuel pump out and manually put vaccum on the pump and it will pump fuel. Can anybody tell me what the vaccum should be out of crankcase and why it may be low I have 110lbs of compression!! All help would greatly be appreciated thanks!!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM
redbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud ofredbarchetta has much to be proud of

Forgot to mention that I have plenty of fuel coming out of the tank line to the pump!!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 PM
byeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarchetta View Post
I have a 98 mxz 670 and am not getting fuel to carbs, I took the fuel pump out and manually put vaccum on the pump and it will pump fuel. Can anybody tell me what the vaccum should be out of crankcase and why it may be low I have 110lbs of compression!! All help would greatly be appreciated thanks!!!
Diaphragm can become wore /weak

Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM
nuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the signal/pulse line to the pump is sealed and does not have a crack in it. Maybe a crank seal is out too.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Currently: Wearing the wheels of my ktm
scratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by byeatts View Post
Diaphragm can become wore /weak
x 2 very common problem with them.. Happened to mine and my buds back in the day

Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyn01 View Post
Make sure the signal/pulse line to the pump is sealed and does not have a crack in it. Maybe a crank seal is out too.
Are you talking about the line that runs from crankcase to pump? If so that is in good shape!! I was thinking crankcase seal as well but no way to check with machine not running!!! I could check it with carb cleaner if it was running right?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratley View Post
x 2 very common problem with them.. Happened to mine and my buds back in the day
Can you buy a new diaphram or rebuild kit or need whole new pump?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Currently: Wearing the wheels of my ktm
scratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond reputescratley has a reputation beyond repute

Parts section says pump is unavailable.. I would check with dealer see what he can find for you...

Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Currently: Waiting on more snow
tukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond reputetukernater has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarchetta View Post
Are you talking about the line that runs from crankcase to pump? If so that is in good shape!! I was thinking crankcase seal as well but no way to check with machine not running!!! I could check it with carb cleaner if it was running right?
Just cover each carb, pull over a few time and if one cards got no suction or very low suction that's the side the seal will be shot.

Last edited by tukernater; 02-14-2014 at 11:09 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tukernater For This Useful Post:
redbarchetta (02-14-2014)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Basic Member
Slicnic77 is an unknown quantity at this point