• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Fuel Pressure Regulators

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
I know I saw a thread on here that listed several different makers of fuel pressure regulators for the m1000 and now I can't seem to find it. I think everybody kind of put their two cents in on their favorites too. Does some on have a link for this thread? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
S
Jan 20, 2014
I know I saw a thread on here that listed several different makers of fuel pressure regulators for the m1000 and now I can't seem to find it. I think everybody kind of put their two cents in on their favorites too. Does some on have a link for this thread? Thanks for your help!

ive heard a lot about fuel press regulators for the m1000. I am a new m1000 owner and I am wondering what all the hype is about ?? Could someone please fill me in?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ive heard a lot about fuel press regulators for the m1000. I am a new m1000 owner and I am wondering what all the hype is about ?? Could someone please fill me in?

usually just some adjustability for very minor mods and to tandem with a fuel controller for more deeper N/A mods..

if your happy with your sled don't get caught up in the hype...jmo..

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Okay I have done some research here and found several companies that make regulators to fit M1000s: BDX makes one but it is not adjustable brings Fuel pressure to 40 psi ($199.95) and their kit does not come with a pressure gauge, AMP makes an adjustable fuel regulator and their kit comes with a pressure gauge and manifold for the gauge ($149.95), CPC make a adjustable fuel regulator and comes with a pressure gauge but it does not specifically state it is for use on an m1000 ($259.95) also they offer a $80.00 credit if you return your stock regulator so it would seem that theirs is a complete regulator and you do not have to alter your stock regulator, Bikeman Performance makes an adjustable adjustable fuel regulator and their kit comes with a pressure gauge ($159.95). All prices are buying direct from manufacturer. Also does anybody know of any others we can add to the list. Reason why I am researching is because I have a Bikeman on my sled and I think it took a dump this weekend you can dial the pressure back to where I want it but then as the sled continues to run the pressure continues to increase up to about 52 psi where it finally stops. Any on else have a regulator wear out on you?:face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
BIKEMAN ARE NO GOOD AS YOU HAVE TO CUT THE STOCK BODY...

Bdx I have IS ADJUSTABLE (it is just PRESET to 40 lbs )AND YOU BUY THE GUAGE AND FITTING FROM THEM AS WELL...and they are the full replacement and easy to adjust and a real good setup and reliable for the past three years on my sled..

Last edited:

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT

Bdx I have IS ADJUSTABLE AND YOU BUY THE GUAGE AND FITTING FROM THEM AS WELL...and they are the full replacement and easy to adjust and a real good setup and reliable for the past three years on my sled..

You have to cut the body when you use the AMP also. So I have the Bikeman in there already am I screwed if I go with a BDX being that my stock regulator is already cut? How adjustable is the BDX (pressure range), and how easy is it to adjust. Also can I use my gauge I already have installed with my Bikeman regulator with the BDX setup?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I have a Bikeman on my sled and I think it took a dump this weekend you can dial the pressure back to where I want it but then as the sled continues to run the pressure continues to increase up to about 52 psi where it finally stops. Any on else have a regulator wear out on you?:face-icon-small-sho

x2...that's why I went with Bdx...and like I said Bdx is complete replacement unit...not a hack job like bikemans..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
You have to cut the body when you use the AMP also. So I have the Bikeman in there already am I screwed if I go with a BDX being that my stock regulator is already cut? How adjustable is the BDX (pressure range), and how easy is it to adjust. Also can I use my gauge I already have installed with my Bikeman regulator with the BDX setup?

your fine with your existing guage and adaptor..and yes it is easy to replace the bikeman with the bdx as the bdx replaces the cut regulator body with a complete housing that just rivits on with a jam nut on the adjuster and a allen key to adjust..so adjust with 1/2 tank fuel..

I have adjusted easily 37 ibs to 55 ibs...I don't know its complete range..but the adjustment stays as steady as a rock...

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
your fine with your existing guage and adaptor..and yes it is easy to replace the bikeman with the bdx as the bdx replaces the cut regulator body with a complete housing that just rivits on with a jam nut on the adjuster and a allen key to adjust..so adjust with 1/2 tank fuel..

I have adjusted easily 37 ibs to 55 ibs...I don't know its complete range..but the adjustment stays as steady as a rock...

YAHOOOOOOOO you are awesome going to order one right now from BDX so hopefully I will have it installed before next weekend!!! X2 on the adjusting on 1/2 tank. Didn't want to run rich all day on the mountain so had to try to adjust in the parking lot with full tank in 11 below. Wow what a wonderful experience. Stick hand in full tank loosen jam nut with wrench pull hand out wipe off jump in truck with heater on high warm hand until feeling came back jump out adjust fuel pressure back in truck warm hand back out tighten jam nut start see pressure slowly increase while running repeat process until pissed! Then just run the crap out of it at 52 psi all day!!! :tape2: Thanks again for your help!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah

Bdx I have IS ADJUSTABLE (it is just PRESET to 40 lbs )AND YOU BUY THE GUAGE AND FITTING FROM THEM AS WELL...and they are the full replacement and easy to adjust and a real good setup and reliable for the past three years on my sled..

What he said.

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
Not putting anyone else down

I have a cpc because ive bought a lot of his billet stuff and its turn key I figured his regulator would be no diiferent. Always has worked for me two engines and 3800miles later

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Why is a fuel pressure regulator necessary?

It isn't, especially if your sled is stock. There are two main ways to change how much fuel you are sending to the motor from stock settings. You can use one of these regulators that controls how much fuel pressure is going to the injectors and/or you can use a fuel management controller that changes how long your injectors stay open during one of their cycles.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
I put my vote in for bdx as well. ine has worked flawless for 2 years so far. I use both a controler and fuel reg. I can lower the duty cycle a bit by uping fuel presure. This way i can run nitrious on my bb without running out of duty cycle on nitrious.

Premium Features