• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bca link radios

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
We got some from Ice Age Performance and LOVE them. they work great, darn good range and easy to use when riding, gloves on etc. we got a few in our group. It works great for a group that likes to explore a lot, this way nobody disappears to far away. Less time spent riding in circles looking for guys and more time out ripping.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
forgot to mention we did some testing on battery life and we had well over a day(24 hrs) of being on straight talking on and off. in the cold 2 full day rides is not even a question between charges.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I see they say like 2.5 miles line of site range. My Garmins say 5-8km depending on wattage. They suck. Have tried better. When u guys say darn good range is that compared to something else u have tried ?

Would like to try them out.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
we did some tests. like drive away from the shop down the road and keep chatting. easily did a mile from inside a building to into a truck, lots of trees. etc. for where i ride, a lot farther then we get in an area. we did some other tests and got it close to 2 miles nice and clear with a line of sight.

again. farther then i practically would need.

O

OLD GOAT

Nov 26, 2007
Lyons, Colorado
I work about 1/4 mile from the BCA home office. went over there and took a look at them. It is a nice nice set up. I just hope you can hear the mike over the motor noise. As far as range goes, we have Garmin Rinos in our group, some 5 watt, some 1 watt. the power doesn't seem to have much affect on distance in the hills & trees.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Are they working on a helmet mike/ear piece setup for them? Not a fan of voice actuated so you still need push to talk though.

Product description says there's an ear bud pug on the mic so theoretically if you had an ear bud/mic installed in you helmet you could just plug it in. I took a Motorola headset, cut it up and installed it in our helmets and then just plugged my radio into it. It worked ok but the results weren't satisfactory because of the radios not the headset. They are voice activated, no way to turn that function off, so quit leaving them on. Now we just pull them out and turn them on if someone in the group gets separated. It would be great to have one that actually worked real time while riding and having something inside the helmet is a must IMO. The problem is having to plug and unplug something every time you take your helmet off. I had the Motorolas velcroed to the helmet. Concept was great, needed a better radio.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
This is the next comm system that I want to get ahold of and see how it does against the Scala Rider G9 System.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
awesome

I bought one from BCA this year on their clinic pricing. I had a nice conversation with my wife last weekend at over 4 miles away in heavy timber....needless to say i was very impressed with the performance of the unit and the battery life is fantastic. two thumbs up!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
group has a few more of these in them now, had a guy showing up late to a new area. when he got close, just radioed in and worked his way towards us, got met up in like 10 minutes instead of riding around solo looking for us.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Just bought two from Brock and the crew at Iceage Performance. Can't wait to test them out. Quality looks great. The Iceage crew all have one and they have nothing but positive comments. Will post an update onces we have a chance to try these out.

Premium Features