For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air compressor for air bags and fill location for air bags

Looking at getting a small inexpensive portable air compressor for my air bags and was wondering what anyone is using and what to stay away from? Don't want to have to mount one permanently as I have not decided exactly where I'm going to run my air lines. Plan is to install the air bags this weekend depending on what the Big Sky Garage decides to do!

Also, where are most of you running your air lines to? See in the directions that they show the lines running back to the rear bumper using the license plate mounts for the fill location. Again, I haven't decided exactly where I want to run my lines for a fill location so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Currently: working
SLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond reputeSLDHVN has a reputation beyond repute

Most trucks have the fill points back on the license plate like you said. I saw where a guy routed them to right inside his fuel door on the side of the gas cap, pretty slick. It really doesn't matter, just wherever you can find that is out of the way and convenient for you to use.

As far as compressors go, just about anything will do. The bags take very little volume to fill up. I think Slime Brand(the fix a flat tire stuff) has a real compact compressor.

The Following User Says Thank You to SLDHVN For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute

I have mine coming out the back, one on each side of the license plate.

The Following User Says Thank You to line8 For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Basic Member
AZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ800 has a reputation beyond repute

On my 3rd Gen Dodge there are 2 holes in the back of the bed right above the bumper that work great. They are totally out of the way, no chance of getting busted up, no dirt and mud gets on them.

The Following User Says Thank You to AZ800 For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

01 superduty.
I have my lines come in from the top inside fuel door.
There is a lot of space in between inner and outer bed walls.
I sat up in front of the tire and used a regular cordless drill to drill from the top of filler box.

Also I have the firestone air compressor mounted inside of frame rail behind the transfer case and the dual gage with separate switches for right and left bag.

Last edited by summ8rmk; 11-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Basic Member
winter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond reputewinter4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I put an airlift brand compressor on with wireless controller. I did this a little while after I put the bags on so I already had the lines running out the back. It comes with little T fittings so you can just tap it right into you existing lines. The best part about the wireless controller is you dont have to run any lines into your cab. Been on there for probably 4 years with no issues, way better than getting out to fill bags every time!

The Following User Says Thank You to winter4ever For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,446 Times in 837 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

I have a brand new compressor with the same gauge as Summ8RMK for sale. PM me if you are interested. I never used it and ended up going with a wireless setup. It was costly though and I can get you the setup you need with all the lines and wiring included.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrettiDog For This Useful Post:
lost (11-21-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Currently: Praying for snow..and blue bird days!!!
skidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeskidoo2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

spend the extra money and get the compressor so you don't have to tote a compressor and its nice to be able to change the amount of PSI right from the cab. Just my .02.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Currently: I AM RASMUSSEN STYLE
RCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond reputeRCR3 has a reputation beyond repute

The old school method is fine just keep an air check with you and adjust and fill as needed at the gas station or where ever you can get air. But compressor mounted is easier! Or try a portable compressor that you clip to your battery!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Mitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond reputeMitch P. has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-08-2013, 11:45 PM
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Bocephus (12-09-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Click Here to Register

Bocephus (12-09-2013)