For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 AM
Currently: Busy Bulding The Giveaway Viper
Evolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond repute
Default Intercooler Efficiency Enhancement Products by EVO

We spent many many hours designing, testing and datalogging to improve the efficiency of the stock intercooler.

Our testing has shown that the stock intercooler is actually quite efficient, but because of its orientation, installation and size, it cannot keep up with the heat that even a stock sled can produce - especially in the mountains where ground speeds are typically lower.

Most high performance automotive intercooler applications use a ducted pathway to an air to air intercooler which is completely sealed so that any air that comes through the duct is FORCED through the fins of the cooler. Air will always take the path of least resistance which in the case of the 1100T and Z1 turbo, is mostly around the end tanks. The intercooler acts more like a heat sink rather than a true air to air intercooler. Thicker intercoolers take longer to heat soak because of the additional "mass", but will flow LESS through the fins because the thickness adds more air resistance.

We realized that we could extract great efficiency out of the stock cooler in deep snow conditions simply by packing snow on the core. Our intercooler fan kit would help draw the melted snow through and further increase the stock coolers performance. This yielded very good results, but left the hood looking unfinished and did not do anything to help on days where the snow was packed.

This research led us to create two hood scoops out of Carbon Fiber - one for trail/lake racing and one for the mountains. The mountain version is designed to funnel snow onto the cooler in deep snow conditions as well as forcing air through the core due to its aerodynamic shape and seal kit. This kit makes the stock cooler VERY efficient in most conditions.

The Lake/Trail is designed to create a high pressure zone right above the core which rams the air through the core.

We chose carbon fiber both for strength and weight - the kit literally weighs a few ounces.

Price for the kit is $249 and will be in stock by 10/18.

For BIG power and Chute Climbing, our Liquid to Air is the only way to go...

www.evopowersports.com
www.evoms.com
Like Us On Facebook!

Last edited by Evolution Powersports; 10-02-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolution Powersports For This Useful Post:
charlie99 (10-02-2013), ReaperMotorsports (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
s2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond reputes2h has a reputation beyond repute

have you seen any issues with snow/water getting on the clutches and causing belt slippage with this type of setup? with all that snow being dumped on the intercooler and melting the water has to go somewhere. Last season I changed out my factory louvers for a mesh vent with pre-filter material to help keep snow out. Sounds like I may have went the wrong direction if we want the snow to go in. Thanks for the info

S2H

Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanked 1,466 Times in 608 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

That is pretty darn cool.
17’ Cat 800 snow pro 153 alpha skid

Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Currently: EVOLVING
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Currently: Alpha 165
dgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any worry as to catching a branch with a scoop like that? If its designed to funnel air/snow that direction, won't it do the same with sticks? Not bashing by any means, just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWYER View Post
I don't care what it is as long as there are boobies moutned to the handlebars. So every time i smack my face it's really awesome

Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Arctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond repute

The idea in concept is pretty good. But I have to ask, when climbing, pulling a chute, how much snow does the average guy have coming over the hood.

I think I already know the answer. But thought I would ask just for kicks.

I know it would never be possible but, if you could ever figure out how to put the intercooler where the front heat exchanger is you might have something. (front of the tunnel)

Thunder

Old 10-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Currently: EVOLVING
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Thunder View Post
The idea in concept is pretty good. But I have to ask, when climbing, pulling a chute, how much snow does the average guy have coming over the hood.

I know it would never be possible but, if you could ever figure out how to put the intercooler where the front heat exchanger is you might have something. (front of the tunnel)

Thunder
Think of it this way. Your going to pull a chute. Pack the intercooler scoop full of snow. That's my thought. Also Evo is saying that the best option for the big chute climbing is the wta intercooler.

The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo11T For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (10-02-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Evolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond reputeEvolution Powersports has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Thunder View Post

Thunder
Yes, for Chute climbing, the WTA is the way to go.

www.evopowersports.com
www.evoms.com
Like Us On Facebook!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:37 PM

No worries Daniel. This sled is probably not for the tree bashing rider. With that said, we ran it on our test sled all last year. The sled took numerous ghost rides and piloted rides through the trees. The hood scoop seemed to be the only thing that survived unscathed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreet77 View Post
Is there any worry as to catching a branch with a scoop like that? If its designed to funnel air/snow that direction, won't it do the same with sticks? Not bashing by any means, just curious.

www.evopowersports.com
www.evoms.com
Like Us On Facebook!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Currently: BOOOSTED
Hotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond reputeHotchief has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Jim,

do you have any updated photos of the mountain scoop?
Wanted to determine if there is cutting or any additional modifications needed on installation.

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Currently: Wrenching
PISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register