For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Member Sled Builds A forum for building a project or mod sled.... Not just your common "Mods", but full on sled build projects.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Bearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default My retro build: Sno Pro 600 triple 141" -99

Started to build retro sled out of parts laying around my carage. Sled is Sno Pro 440 -99 and engine is ZRT 600 -97. I want 2.25" lug 141" track so I needed to swap the chassis. I had one ZR 600 -02 chassis laying around and it was perfect for this setup. Sno Pro chassis can't take 2.25" lug so this was "must to do". I wanted to save the original chassis if I want to turn back to stock some day... I also changed wide front end from ZR 600 -02.

Because this will be "High Country Crossfire" it needed some running board modifications. For this mod I bought set of runningboard inserts and M series rolls.

My back doesn't like old school driving position/style so it needed to be changed. I moved the tank as far forward as possible. Now it's located next to upper drive axle. Tank moved about 13cm forward and driver position will be way more as the seat will be higher. I need to do my own seat but so far I use M-series seat.

Here's the situation at the moment. The engine is there but pipes are not. Track is stock 307cm long for now as I couldn't find 7 teeth 3" drivers. Tunnel is extended and cooling system is build for 141" long 15" wide track and track is waiting in the carage so this short track setup is just temporary until I find those drivers.

EDIT:
Changed the topic name to match current setup

Last edited by Bearcat; 02-21-2014 at 12:50 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bearcat For This Useful Post:
Reeb (09-21-2013), rmk8000 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Basic Member
Bearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond reputeBearcat has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to fit stock pipes under the hood - seems it will not be the easiest task to do. Does anybody know if some aftermarket pipes would fit under this small Sno Pro hood?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 AM
sprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond reputesprockethead has a reputation beyond repute

An Aaen exhaust system will be the easiest to put in that chassy. It is not the best aftermarket exhaust for the ZRT6 motor though. The PSI or DD is a better performance mod for the motor but will require cutting, rewelding to fit well under that twin hood. Good Luck, and keep us updated on your project!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Basic Member

Thanks. Messed with stock pipes couple of days ago and seems they can be fit there. Two pipes goes with minor mods but one needs major cutting and welding. I'll post more pictures after there's some progress.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Currently: waiting for snow
arcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond repute

I put a thundercat 1000 motor in a king with stock pipes. 7 cuts in one pipe, start with the outside pipe. Keep laying all of them in to keep a good idea of where they will go. Sawsall and a decent weld is all you need.

Heres my build pics if it helps.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=317168

Will

Old 05-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Basic Member

Thanx for the tip

I've been rethinking the engine as track will be CE 153" instead of 141" challenger. Small 600cc triple will be underpowered for that track... somehow I'd like to go turbo way There's good old wildcat 700 engine laying around. But would it be good engine to turbo? I also have cylinder scored ZR 500 APV engine laying around. With turbo and 600cc (or some bigger bore) cylinders it would be one option too. I have never played with any turbo stuff so this would be my learning journey to turbo world.

People - Any suggestions which way to go? Also what turbo would suitable for which engine? I drive only in tight trees so engine must be snappy. No monster power needed. I've been thinking Garret 2860 but what AR etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bearcat For This Useful Post:
Reeb (09-21-2013)
Old 09-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Hey buddy! I didn't know you were building another sled!

laguns and Chad from CR Racing used to turbo the 700 twins way way back in the day. I doubt they would be much help, but they did it will some success.

I like what you did with the running boards, very clean. You also moved the tank to a similar spot as I did on my sled. Makes for a totally new feel for those old sleds. But you know that already!

As for the motor not being able to turn that 153, I think you'd be surprised. Geared properly, those 600's can be great little rockets on the bottom end, as well as top end.

Let's see what you ended up doing this summer!
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Basic Member

Thanx Reeb Yes, the steering/tank/driver position change makes these old irons almost feel like new ones I think I'll suprise my driving pals next winter with this little sled...

After thinking over this project I decided to stick in original plan and this sled will be 141" and 600cc triple. There's no progress during summer as I'm still waiting for the drivers. Hopefully I'll get those before winter. I'd like to put M-series 141" float skid under this to keep weight down. Haven't found the skid yet - honestly haven't searched one too much... Also 700cc kit would be nice too.

Here's baby meeting the snow for the first time:

Last edited by Bearcat; 10-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Reeb (10-05-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 AM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Just to warn you, we had locating pin issues with the pistons in the 700 big bores for the 600 triple. That was going on 10 years ago now, so maybe it's not an issue anymore, but I thought you should know.

I almost think it was a problem at Weisco for a few years, because we went though about 15 pistons in 4 engines in 2 years.

'04 1M 1500 162" Challenger Extreme, M8 rear suspension, Custom jetting, clutching and gearing

Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Basic Member
Old 02-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Reeb (02-12-2014), rmk8000 (04-18-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Currently: staring at a pile of sled parts
Basic Member
j()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond reputej()()se has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (02-24-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (03-12-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (03-18-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Readymedic (04-04-2014), Reeb (03-31-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Idcatman3 For This Useful Post:
Reeb (04-06-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (04-12-2014), tdbaugha (02-04-2015)
Old 04-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Reeb (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bearcat For This Useful Post:
007 (11-15-2016), Norway (04-17-2016), Reeb (04-14-2014)