For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Electronics Beacons, GPS, communication systems, etc.....

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Currently: sks800 -16
Jona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond reputeJona$ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big problems with gopro 3 black and hero 2

So have numerous problem withm my hero black 3

1.hangs at startup,charging sometimes.
2.records on display, shows both elapsed time and time left on memory but in real life the came can have already stoped recording, and as soon you press shutter button it hangs and you need to take out battery, this happens all the time.
3.Battery time is real low, can hold like 1hr 720/60 inside the house"have heard of a new battery comming"
4.should it really just rec 3hr22m in 720/60? my hero 2 with same settings makes like 4hr30m. this is with both the 32gb sandisk class 10 card, difference is there size.
5.When adding my bacpac to hero 3, the backlight goes on a rampage and blinks like a strobe, dont seem right.

6.alot of other small things happens, but wtf is this for crap? have problems with my hero 2 as well, when using it outside sledding with a bacpac, it only lasts like max 40min then the batteries are dead, if i just sat it out on the same temp and light setting it pulls of 2hr30min.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Currently: High on gas fumes
Magz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond reputeMagz has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same problems with GoPro2 and got rid of it. I thought maybe from extreme temps (-20 F) but I switched to Liquid Image Goggles w/ camera built in and love it.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Currently: Resisting the urge to screw with people...
Thanked 1,132 Times in 589 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

I was having similar problems with battery life etc. There is a firmware update on the GoPro sight for the 3. Pretty easy to do, they have a youtube and good instructions. Have not used the cam in the mountains yet so not sure if it is fixed. Kind of sucks that a new product takes some work to get it to work right.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Currently: Not set.
Tahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond reputeTahoe54 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you done the latest firmware update? I had trouble doing the auto update with mine and had to follow the manual steps. Until this was done mine was lagging and freezing as soon as I turned it on.

http://gopro.com/update

Old 08-26-2018, 11:40 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
lucyjohn987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing