For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Boss Seats Welcome to the BOSS Seats Forum, hosted by FirstPlaceParts.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Currently: Dreaming of colder days
motocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default what size snaps?

Picked up a boss for my pro-x. Used but never installed. Even a newer model with the good zippers ;-) ....Question is came with everything but the snaps that get rivited to the tunnel. Does anyone off hand know what size snaps they use... me in a craft section or store wont be good to begin with...

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
dencas is an unknown quantity at this point

I do boat tops and use the same snaps as the boss seats. They come stainless or brass nickel.
It worked on my seat.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Currently: Dreaming of colder days
motocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond reputemotocrazy2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Just stopped in at my auto upholstery shop and grabbed 2 off the shelf

Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Currently: see ya on the divide
colorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond reputecolorado logger has a reputation beyond repute

I took snaps off ( they will not stay snaped ) Velcro works alot better.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Currently: Not set.
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

The female side of the snap has a metal ring in it that creates the tension over the male side of the snap "lip". It is likely that the female side is actually worn out thus not keeping it snapped during the day. These could be changed out by yourself with an inexpensive snap kit bought at the ACE hardware store or taken to an upholstery shop. I'm not against Velcro but if the snow conditions are wrong, the hook and loop will ice over if open at all and then not attach fully until melted out. I would suggest using both methods if room allows. Maybe adhesive backed Velcro between the bottom of the seat and the tunnel just inside where the snaps are, and having the snaps replaced. This would give you the best of both and not detract from any visual defects since the Velcro would be hidden.