For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Member Sled Builds A forum for building a project or mod sled.... Not just your common "Mods", but full on sled build projects.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Currently: got My Mojo Screaming
Boyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond repute
Default So What The He11 Does Work.... Build

Do big turbos work? Water to air work, I think it should. How about a big A$$ Chinese turbo?

So in a fit of confusion me and a buddy decided to build 2 different turbo kits and glue em to 2 identical sleds. 2012 & 2011 low milage RMKs

1st one is with the classic 2860 .86 garrett, really straight forward kit.

2nd kit is going to be a 73mm .86 turbo that should be on a beet to $hit 86 civic, Have to add a massive water to air set up to give me a edge

So after we strip the sleds we did a quick check on the piston clearance as it has plagued Polaris in the past. Both came out at .006, not the best
way to check but it does get the job done.

Both sleds are getting divorced exhaust on them, my welding did get better but it still sucks, this is a nice pic. The flange I built will fit a few
different turbos, I think I might be changing the 73mm way to soon.

This 200.00 e-bay turbo scares me, keeps me awake at night. I had to mill out the interior scroll section of the turbo 1.75mm, it just was
to tight for a 2-smoker The red part is what I opened up

Last edited by Boyko; 12-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
dvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond repute

Watching this one, I have long since thought about a cheap Chinese turbo, build just because.

Not sure I would have gone that big, you might have to pick up a second small Chinese turbo and do compounds. LOL

73mm inducer or exducer? I'm assuming exducer as a 73mm inducer is 1000hp turbo, and would never light. So about the size of a T3 super 60.

Or is 73mm the turbine measurement?

Last edited by dvst8r; 12-18-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Boyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond reputeBoyko has a reputation beyond repute

It is a 73mm exducer on the compressor, I have to pull the housing off to do some mods to it. Seems there are a few things I have to change to try to get this thing to work on a 2-stroke. The hot side was supposal the same specs as a 28 series Garrett.

Last edited by Boyko; 12-18-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Basic Member
dvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond reputedvst8r has a reputation beyond repute

So it should be right between the 2871 & the 2876, other then it is probably copied from old garrett "T series" wheel tech, so it will probably spool like the 2876 and flow more like a 2860 on the compressor side.

But for a $200 turbo I think it will still be a good shoot out, and I am glad you are doing it.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:56 PM

Here is a pick comparing a garrett 2860 with what I am trying to work with, the garrett has 2 less blades on the turbine and a less aggressive sweep on the tip

Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 PM

Kind of hit the wall with this turbo, the compressor wheel is 82mm wtf? Who would build this, 54mm turbine to a 82mm compressor. Dam you e-bay

I am hoping to get a turbo from one of the kit builders, I do kind of want to get away from Garrett just for a change and buddy running one on his build

Last edited by Boyko; 12-25-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,409 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

WOW. thats wild!! that is huge.. sled should love it!! who cares!? try it!!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 PM

You alway have good advice

So after a few spiced rums to settle me down I decided to run this thing, It’s only a hour or 2 or 3 to swap it out with a real turbo. I have to shoe horn this thing in so I cut the inlet down

Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow!
Vertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond reputeVertical Asshauler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyko View Post
Kind of hit the wall with this turbo, the compressor wheel is 82mm wtf? Who would build this, 54mm turbine to a 82mm compressor. Dam you e-bay

In this picture you are measuring the exducer part of the wheel. You need to measure the inducer side to determine the size of the wheel.

None the less, this is an interesting build!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-25-2012, 11:18 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-25-2012, 11:30 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Boyko For This Useful Post:
chadkrump (01-10-2013)
Old 12-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Visi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond reputeVisi has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Basic Member
seanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond reputeseanc has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanc For This Useful Post:
Boyko (01-02-2013), ciggs_steve (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Currently: Slow is smooth, smooth is Fast Bark Bustin Outlaw!
Whimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond reputeWhimp has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Currently: on another forum
Basic Member
icr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register