For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Currently: Not set.
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute
Default inflatable snowshoes

Anyone that has ever had to walk out knows how a pair of snowshoes can be a lifesaver. I curerently have a small, standard pair of snowshoes and would love to replace them with something compact but usable. I came across these and Im thinking about buying them.

Anyone have these, used them or seen them? Good, bad, OK? Thanks Eric

http://www.airlitesnowshoe.com/

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to SRXSRULE For This Useful Post:
mtncat1 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Currently: MTLC Charter Member
Basic Member
makaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond reputemakaio has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't tried them yet but I've been thinking about replacing my standard MSR's with them. I too carry snow shoes when it's really deep just as a precaution.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Coldfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Looks interesting. I'm only wondering what keeps them from buckling in the middle when walking thru deep snow. Maybe I didn't read far enough.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfinger View Post
Looks interesting. I'm only wondering what keeps them from buckling in the middle when walking thru deep snow. Maybe I didn't read far enough.
After you blow them up by mouth, you use a hand pump or the co2 option to get the pressure up high enough to hold there shape.
Cant find much info out there on them. Says they were designed by sledders. Eric

Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
jdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant futurejdubu has a brilliant future

I had to walk out last year. After that experience I went on a mission to find some sort of collapsible snowshoe. What I found was the airlite inflatable snowshoe. Between my riding buddies and myself, we bought 4 pairs.

They really are a great invention. They inflate very, very firm so buckling is not a problem. Plus the surface area on the snow is huge...floats you on powder. I have some snowshoes that work ok on hardpack or trails, but venture into virgin powder and you are post-holing.

I hope to never use them, but I think they are a great addition to my emergency/survival tools.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdubu For This Useful Post:
bwylde (12-13-2012), Dam Dave (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubu View Post
I had to walk out last year. After that experience I went on a mission to find some sort of collapsible snowshoe. What I found was the airlite inflatable snowshoe. Between my riding buddies and myself, we bought 4 pairs.

They really are a great invention. They inflate very, very firm so buckling is not a problem. Plus the surface area on the snow is huge...floats you on powder. I have some snowshoes that work ok on hardpack or trails, but venture into virgin powder and you are post-holing.

I hope to never use them, but I think they are a great addition to my emergency/survival tools.

Good to hear. Did you buy the option crampons also? Eric

Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,195 Times in 4,204 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

That's a good idea.

On the flip side, the only people that have to walk out are the ones who ride alone. Never ride alone. LOL

Avalanche1.com
OEM parts from Free Agent

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
That's a good idea.

On the flip side, the only people that have to walk out are the ones who ride alone. Never ride alone. LOL

Not sure how you came up with that idea? The time I walked out there was 4 of us, Didnt have anything to do with riding alone. Eric

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRXSRULE View Post
Not sure how you came up with that idea? The time I walked out there was 4 of us, Didnt have anything to do with riding alone. Eric
Help me understand...they couldn't give you a ride?
Were all 4 of you stuck?

Avalanche1.com
OEM parts from Free Agent

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 AM
oldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond reputeoldnslow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Currently: Snowest elder statesman
Jeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond reputeJeff C has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register