• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need a PS-47477 alignment tool....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
my price is 105..but between freight from there to here, then to you...call michelle for sure.........the company is SPX..but they only sell to dealers from what I understand......

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
SPX site shows this as $104.20.

https://polaris.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=278&search=PS-47477&type=1

Dealer only.

This is probably the best I've seen and worth the investment IMO.

Problem is... if you alignment is only adjustable to a small degree.

On the pro, with the Cast/machined bulkhead... there is a very RARE chance that the alignment is off. If you crashed the sled or modified the drive-train with a D&R.... then your chances grow.

Page 2.19 of the 2010-2012 PRO-RIDE RUSH/Switchback/RMK Service Manual
Adjusting Engine Mount Bolts/Engine
Alignment
Minor adjustments to the engine mount bolts and MAGfront
engine mount can be performed if the alignment tool
indicates major clutch mis-alignment.
1. Loosen, but do not remove, the four engine mount bolts.

2. Loosen, but do not remove, the two Torx screws securing the MAG-front engine mount to the bulkhead.

3. Verify clutch alignment has changed using the Clutch Alignment Tool part number: PS-47477. The engine can be moved slightly with the screws loosened at the MAG-front location.

4. Once clutch alignment is set, tighten the engine mount bolts to specification in the sequence shown in the illustration.

2010 - 14mm Head Diameter - DK.Green Color:
DK. GREEN-M10x1.5x45 (8.8) = 30 ft-lb (41 Nm)

2011 - 14mm Head Diameter - Silver/Gray Color:
SILVER/GRY-M10x1.5x50 (12.9) = 35 ft-lb (48 Nm)

2012/Replacement Kit - 16mm Head Diameter:
Silver/Gray Color
SILVER/GRY-M10x1.50 (12.9) = 40 ft-lb (54 Nm)

5. Torque the two Torx screws only after all four engine mount bolts are torqued to specification.

Front-MAG Engine Mount Screws-to-Bulkhead Screws:
22 ft-lb (30 Nm)

6. Re-check clutch alignment. If clutch alignment is still
incorrect, inspect the engine mounts, motor straps,
radial inserts, and chassis for broken or twisted
components.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Cannot get ahold of Michelle. ONe dealer wants $144, other wants $155. Cannot order off SPX as I am not a dealer.
I need it for multiple sleds, including my new IQR that I cannot even ride until I install the correct engine brackets that they sent in a box with the sled.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
MH-- totally agree with you the fact that bending or tweaking the cast bulkhead is difficult to do.

BUT, the rubber isolation sleeves can and do 'sack out' allowing alignment to be skewed. When the rubber is compromised the static measurement can be off but the misalignment dynamically is even bigger.

I have the SPX tool, and check frequently. I'm looking at building a push arm that is compatible with my Estart for the dynamic mis-alignment and to try and make the rubber components last longer.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
SPX site shows this as $104.20.

https://polaris.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=278&search=PS-47477&type=1

Dealer only.

This is probably the best I've seen and worth the investment IMO.

Problem is... if you alignment is only adjustable to a small degree.

On the pro, with the Cast/machined bulkhead... there is a very RARE chance that the alignment is off. If you crashed the sled or modified the drive-train with a D&R.... then your chances grow.

Page 2.19 of the 2010-2012 PRO-RIDE RUSH/Switchback/RMK Service Manual
Eric, I will add this, if you have a sled with a big misalignment that you cant totally correct with loosing the motor, try loosing up the chaincase(belt drive) and rock the top back and forth till clutch alignment is perfect(tougher to do with the glued in case on the pro, but not impossible, just more work to reglue it).I have found the chaincase normally to be a better fix then the motor when they are out alot..(I do throw the alignment bar on every time I have a chaincase loose while I am tightening it to insure best alignment)..also, its been my experience that the poo bar is far and away better/easier to get the correct alignment with then any aftermarkets I have used....

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yah, Michelle was the best by far. And that was having to ship it TWICE! Some shops are a joke, local one wanted to make $51 profit on it. (Plus the shipping.) For simply ordering a number that I gave them. Screw em, they won't make a dime on it, Michelle will get my money. And I won't do a dime of parts business locally any more, it is pretty clear they don't want it.
I don't normally bitch about the price of snogo parts, but $150 for a bar of metal is pretty bad......especially when I HAVE to buy it, because of Polaris sending me the wrong engine mounts. :(

B
Sep 30, 2012
SPX

If your Dealer wants to develop that relationship they will meet you somewhere in the middle on the mark-up. I ordered the alignment bar, and the Belt Drive tools no problem... They are attainable-

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I agree. I have a great relationship with their sales department, their parts department has always acted like it has a drunken retarded monkey sales outlook. I emailed them, explained how we can benefit each other, than I have a snogo based business, and just spent $25K in sleds alone this year, and spend a lot of money on stuff for me and my 5 family members.
Their response (and I mentioned that I knew cost was $104), was $155 plus shipping for that bar. They don't want my business obviously. Every sales deal there has left me grinning ear to ear, 75% of the parts transactions have left me PISSED off, the other 25% feeling just a little bit *** violated.
Until local businesses realize that a 2 day shipping wait is nothing when it comes to saving some hard earned cash, they will continue to struggle. I tried....
Hello Michelle! My new best friend, lol.
Michelle is cool, it was my first transaction with her, gotta love a chik that drops f-bombs while taking business, lol.

Premium Features