For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Washington Lake Chelan, Cle Elum, Mount Baker, Blue Mtns., etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Currently: Not set.
JETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default ALMOST LIVE FROM THE WSSA SUMMER MEETING

I would have posted from the meeting but we had no cell or internet service on bluett pass. For info , WSSA did vote for a $40 snopark permit. We've been getting them for free for all these years, It's a fair price, and wont "kill" anyone. We had to match the same price as the skiers snopark to avoid them buying a cheeper pass from the motorized program. To all of you who are going to have a fit, just remember our Motorized program is in serious trouble, we've lost nearly 28% of our grooming funds the last 3 years, with sled registrations trending down the last 3 years we had to do something. Also, WSSA argued back and forth as to how much to raise the license fee's for our sled, the "Cheep skates" won out, I'm not a rich guy by any means but I'd certainly pay 20 or 30 bucks more per sled to get better grooming and all else that goes with the program. But they did vote for a $10 increase per sled the first year and 10 more on the second year for a total of $20 over a 2 year period, BUT REMEMBER, the sled registration money will not hit our bank account till 2014 at the earliest, It still has to go thru Olympia. Most likely we wont see the snopark money till 2014 either, so for next year, expect less grooming than this year, just the facts folks. The groomers did take another 9% hit for this coming season. I have to say for all the people that wanted to increase fee's ect, very few people showed up, Myself and several others were very disappointed with the turn out. Dont get me wrong , I've always been a wssa supporter and they've done a lot for our sport, but trying to change the minds of some of these people is a real challenge. Many of them are still living in the year 2000, not 2012. At least they agreed on some kind of an increase, now lets see if we can get it thru Olympia ??
#1 Triton Trailer Dealer in the West
Silver Lake and Marlon Sled Decks
bear trac ramps, rekluse clutches, holz, hmk
True adventure gear, Vortec rear racks, REDLINE OIL, BOSSKI REV ARC RAMPS ( COOLEST )
Spare tires and wheels, Trailer Accessories
WSSA,PNW4WDA, HI COUNTRY SLED CLUB, NRA

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to JETJOHNSO For This Useful Post:
2Thetopp (08-20-2012), 94fordguy (08-18-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), BigT (08-18-2012), CaseyK (08-20-2012), catzr (08-20-2012), Ephratafarmer (08-18-2012), fatkid64 (09-23-2012), john5544 (08-23-2012), Mr.prez (08-18-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012), NO IQ (08-19-2012), off road rider (08-20-2012), paulharris (08-18-2012), SledheadPaul (08-20-2012), SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI (08-19-2012), Tampico (08-20-2012), WaBackcountry (08-19-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Basic Member
bikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond reputebikerpyro has a reputation beyond repute

you want guys like me to pay more just cause some candy asses can ride a groomed trail!! BS! Looks like I wont buy tabs for my sled this year!

The Following User Says Thank You to bikerpyro For This Useful Post:
mthompson223 (08-19-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Currently: want pow
paulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work Dan, thanks

Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Currently: 16 KTM 450 XCF with a 17LE ST and 16TS ST with 129"Yeti Series 2Track
WaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Thanks for the update JetChev.

We differ on this point but I think the WSSA did the right thing by not raising fees any more than they already have. The increases seem reasonable. I am fine with a little less grooming. If people could learn to park and invest in snow tires then we wouldn't need as much maintenance/plowing in the parking lots either.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 AM
snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETJOHNSO View Post
I would have posted from the meeting but we had no cell or internet service on bluett pass. For info , WSSA did vote for a $40 snopark permit. We've been getting them for free for all these years, It's a fair price, and wont "kill" anyone. We had to match the same price as the skiers snopark to avoid them buying a cheeper pass from the motorized program. To all of you who are going to have a fit, just remember our Motorized program is in serious trouble, we've lost nearly 28% of our grooming funds the last 3 years, with sled registrations trending down the last 3 years we had to do something. Also, WSSA argued back and forth as to how much to raise the license fee's for our sled, the "Cheep skates" won out, I'm not a rich guy by any means but I'd certainly pay 20 or 30 bucks more per sled to get better grooming and all else that goes with the program. But they did vote for a $10 increase per sled the first year and 10 more on the second year for a total of $20 over a 2 year period, BUT REMEMBER, the sled registration money will not hit our bank account till 2014 at the earliest, It still has to go thru Olympia. Most likely we wont see the snopark money till 2014 either, so for next year, expect less grooming than this year, just the facts folks. The groomers did take another 9% hit for this coming season. I have to say for all the people that wanted to increase fee's ect, very few people showed up, Myself and several others were very disappointed with the turn out. Dont get me wrong , I've always been a wssa supporter and they've done a lot for our sport, but trying to change the minds of some of these people is a real challenge. Many of them are still living in the year 2000, not 2012. At least they agreed on some kind of an increase, now lets see if we can get it thru Olympia ??
i wish i was not rich like you !! if i had your not rich, i'd burn mine !!

The Following User Says Thank You to snowpatrol For This Useful Post:
WaBackcountry (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Currently: Finally Riding!
Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,901 Posts
94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpyro View Post
you want guys like me to pay more just cause some candy asses can ride a groomed trail!! BS! Looks like I wont buy tabs for my sled this year!
Thank God that Food, Gas, oil, Housing, Insurance, minimum wage, TV, Internet, Furniture, new car prices, new sled prices, tire prices, shop rates, Water, Power, Sewer, groomer prices, repair bills, hotel costs, big bore kits, construction prices, L&I rates, Sales tax, tools, and replacement parts haven't gone up 1 dollar since 2000... That would really be too much to ask of folks over a period of 10 years.

Attitudes like yours really don't help to solve anything, get with the program.

I don't mean to get ticked off, but when was the last time a fee for a service you are provided stayed the same for over 10 years? When was the last time ANYTHING stayed the same for 10 years? Do you make the same yearly income you did in 2000? Do you drive the same truck, ride the same sled, pay the same for your lunch??? The bottom line is that EVERYTHING in life goes up in price, the fact we have gone so long without an increase is amazing, and it's the whole reason it is feeling like such a 'shock' now. For cripe's sake we are talking about increasing the fee for the entire year by the amount you spend on food and gas for your sled in 1 FREAKING DAY!!!! Hopefully you never go to Canada, they charge you what we currently pay for a year for EVERY SINGLE DAY that you ride up there. Talk about a deal, we're almost stealing our groomed trail at that cost comparison. Three (3) days of Trail passes at Boulder Mtn, in Revelstoke would cost the same or more than what the new rate will be for an entire season here!!!

I have read so many posts from so many people on here who just don't get it. If we don't come up with more money to fund the program, the grooming conditions won't be reduced any more, entire ares will be cut from the program - No grooming at all, no snowpark plowing, no birms at trail heads. Without designated parking areas off of the county roads, you WILL NOT be able to sled on public lands.... your truck will be ticketed for illegally parking, or even towed if it's blocking traffic. Conditions on popular trails will make them virtually impassible the moguls will be so big. It takes some places everything the groomers can afford to give right now just to keep the bumps less than 2 ft tall. Parking lot plowing during the peak of the season is barely adequate at best, any worse and you'd be ripping axles off in the potholes just keeping enough momentum to keep from getting stuck! Let's not kid ourselves, the average person DOES ride the trail for some amount of time to get to the good stuff, it's reality and it's not going to change. Once we lose it it's virtually gone.... When was the last time you heard about a significant new trail or area OPENING to sleds?

The fact of the matter is that we only have what we have until we lose it, then it's gone... Do you really want to be one of the people who contributes to the demise because you're too cheap to buy a $40 parking permit? I know I don't. Sledding is my 1 true passion in this life at the moment, and I WILL FIGHT for my privilege (not right) to continue to sled here.

Shame on you for your selfishness.

I don't know if you're aware, but 2 and 3 years ago we almost lost access to the largest sledding area around here because of insufficient funds. the Tampico/Ahtanum area receives an estimated 38,000 sled visits each season, without money to clear the lots and groom the trail, other areas would be completely over-run with the load, if there were any other places locally left open. Sledding enthusiasts like the Yakima Ski-Benders, Vanamberg Enterprises, and countless businesses and individuals took it upon ourselves to pay our way above and beyond the $35 to keep from losing the area and thanks to the Discover Pass, access to Tampico is now safe from the chopping block. If you really claim to never ride the trails, where do you think others would come looking? Do you have a nice area others would love to know about? When the rest of us are locked out of our favorite spots due to lack of funding, you better watch out, you may be getting some visitors, and we'll bring the 4 ft moguls with us. What's the cost of a sled compared the cost of licensing it, REALLY! If you've got extra plowing or grooming money you're not needing then great, send it over here, because we desperately NEED IT here.

Support Public Access to Public Land

13 PRO RMK 800 162 VEI Custom
12 Ford F-350 Lariat C/C S/B 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke...109K
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
07 KTM 450 XCF
06 Kawasaki ZZR 600
05 RMK 900 166 Anniversary Edition #850 6,400 Miles
02 Interstate 19' Enclosed

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to 94fordguy For This Useful Post:
2Thetopp (08-20-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), bholmlate (08-19-2012), blacksnow (08-23-2012), catzr (08-20-2012), Ephratafarmer (08-22-2012), ericbigbore (08-21-2012), Matte Murder (08-19-2012), Mr.prez (08-19-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012), NO IQ (08-19-2012), off road rider (08-20-2012), paulharris (08-19-2012), raytech (08-19-2012), rmkrider82 (09-10-2012), SledheadPaul (08-20-2012), spencer (08-19-2012), summ8rmk (08-25-2012), Tampico (08-20-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute

rite on fordguy, that's what i was gonna say !!

Old 08-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Basic Member
mthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll probably cut the registration for all the sleds but my primary. There's no way I'm buying more than one parking pass either if I'm required to buy one with each sled registration. I used to register all my sleds even if the others were rarely used. Not anymore.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Currently: I’m not ready to ride and it’s snowing!
Thanked 1,001 Times in 538 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Dan thanks for all you do. Sorry for all the knuckleheads that don't get it. Some people are so tight on the wrong things. I would much rather rip down 20 miles of trail at 60-80mph than 25 because the whoops are so bad. I don't ride anywhere but Baker where there isn't a pretty long trail ride to the good stuff. So I have been getting sno park passes with my sled registation now. Will I be paying $40 for each sled plus registration. I firmly believe in pay for play. If you use it you should fund it. We shouldn't ask the other 95% of the state to pay for our niche sport.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matte Murder For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (08-19-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012), NO IQ (08-19-2012), paulharris (08-19-2012), Tampico (08-20-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 AM
paulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulharris For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (08-19-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012), NO IQ (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Currently: 16 KTM 450 XCF with a 17LE ST and 16TS ST with 129"Yeti Series 2Track
WaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond reputeWaBackcountry has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Currently: I’m not ready to ride and it’s snowing!
Thanked 1,001 Times in 538 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matte Murder For This Useful Post:
Bagger (08-29-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Basic Member
mthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond reputemthompson223 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Currently: FU FS
tar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond reputetar has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Currently: Hustling
Basic Member
kosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond reputekosovojoe has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kosovojoe For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (08-19-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), BigT (08-19-2012), ericbigbore (08-21-2012), Mr.prez (08-19-2012), paulharris (08-19-2012), Tampico (08-20-2012), WaBackcountry (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM
JETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JETJOHNSO For This Useful Post:
32nBelow (08-19-2012), 94fordguy (08-19-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), blacksnow (08-23-2012), Ephratafarmer (08-22-2012), Mr.prez (08-19-2012), nikeholley (08-20-2012), paulharris (08-19-2012), Yamahog (08-24-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaBackcountry For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (08-19-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), BigT (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Currently: Living without snow
Basic Member
spencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spencer For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (08-19-2012), Bagger (08-29-2012), catzr (08-20-2012), Ephratafarmer (08-22-2012), raytech (08-19-2012), Tampico (08-24-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to WaBackcountry For This Useful Post:
tar (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Currently: REMEMBER..."IF YOU DON'T POST PICS...YOU WERE NEVER THERE"!!
SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond reputeSNOBI-WAN-KENOBI has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Currently: Living without snow
Basic Member
spencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spencer For This Useful Post:
Mr.prez (08-19-2012), paulharris (08-19-2012)