• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo maintenance

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
What do you guys do for maintenance to your turbo sled before and after every ride or every 500-1000 miles? What do you check? Depending on how good this summer goes with work I may finally pull the trigger and do a boondocker pump gas kit with 7-8 lbs on one of my sleds.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Usually when getting ready to load up do a check over of all lines and wiring to check for any rubbing or loose connections. Verify that the turbo has oil. Oil pump actually pumping. Then change the oil because it collects moisture very quickly. Any missing exhaust springs. Check clutching. Check air filter for tears. Start the sled and listen to anything not normal. Verify fuel controller operation. All gauges operating...

Yearly or as problems become apparent- Reeds, Throttle body boots if your using them. Check compression to get a base rating before you boost it. And check every few hundred miles. Pull the turbo and check for physical wear with the bearings or leaking seals. Check Boost hoses for cracks. Especially the small BOV boost lines. Motor mounts possibly. Pull entire engine or just wait until the problem becomes apparent :face-icon-small-win

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i check,,,
wiring wiring wiring.... look for melting points, or rubbing points, especially after initial install, you will see problem areas quickly..
oil in turbo tank...
the usual stuff after that, look at belt and such , check clutch springs, exhaust springs.
the best and most overlooked thing i think is keeping it clean, i wash my sled at least every other ride, if not after every ride.....
i mean wash it too, inside and out..

not sure on the pro rmk about reeds and plugs,,
but on my m8t i need to change reeds about every 800-900 miles, change plugs about every 200-250 miles.

other than that ride it like crazy......
you will start paying more attention to the sled inside and out once you have one, especially if yo do the install yourself... which i would totally do if i was you, i did, i learned more by doing that than any thing else.
good luck.

Premium Features