For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
View Poll Results: What bike do you ride with your Mountain Horse Kit?
Honda CRF450 49 7.99%
Honda CR500 27 4.40%
Kawasaki KXF450 69 11.26%
Suzuki RMZ450 10 1.63%
Yamaha WR450 44 7.18%
Yamaha YZF450 99 16.15%
KTM 450 73 11.91%
KTM 500 66 10.77%
KTM 505 3 0.49%
KTM 525 29 4.73%
KTM 530 19 3.10%
Husaberg 570 24 3.92%
Husaberg 650 9 1.47%
Husqvarna 42 6.85%
Other 84 13.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Currently: Building next year's MH kits!
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Timbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond repute
Default What bike do you ride?

We have many prospective customers asking what bikes are the best for the Mountain Horse. I know what we have sold but I don't know how you like the various bikes. Please post what you like about your bike and if you have a dream setup.

Thanks,
Dave @ Timbersled

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbersled For This Useful Post:
Mackguy44 (09-22-2018)
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
yukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond reputeyukondood has a reputation beyond repute
Default likey

i like the electric start, headlight, good torgue, a little more top end might be nice.
Love the nimbleness in the hills but need a bit better trail manners.

Installed hand warmers and rekluse and love it!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Mtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the KX 450. They have great power and never break down. They are easy to kick start; I can even start it with my hands. They are simple to change the oil in and parts are cheap. I also have the best luck with the stock air box not getting snow into them; with a few mods done to the air box I can ride all day in soft deep powder without having to stop and scoop it out. The KX is also bright safety green and when I am stuck my friends can see me to come help me out. LOL!

Last edited by Mtn. Muncher; 03-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mtn. Muncher For This Useful Post:
jskattum606 (04-16-2012), Rush44 (03-28-2012), scotty mac (05-04-2015)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Currently: Snow Biking in Idaho
Basic Member
retired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default And will help with next seasons build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbersled View Post
We have many prospective customers asking what bikes are the best for the Mountain Horse. I know what we have sold but I don't know how you like the various bikes. Please post what you like about your bike and if you have a dream setup.

Thanks,
Dave @ Timbersled
Glad to help. Keep up the great work. What a fanastic product.

The Following User Says Thank You to retired motoman For This Useful Post:
Rush44 (03-28-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Currently: every ride is incredible on a mtn horse
PalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm especially interested in this poll, and wonder if the extra power of a motorcrosser is worth giving up electric start, larger tank, and a light?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Currently: waiting
J&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default go ktm

you can have a full blown MX bike and E start with the ktm sxf450. with that in mind anyone run the 350 with a kit??
Dealer for Dobeck Performance. Rekluse clutch,snowbike bypass thermostat, custom intakes & engine shrouds
SNOWHAWKSURVIVOR
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garys...97829540418236
SNO-RKT video https://youtu.be/pi3huljPBhU?list=FL...HPT_KSr3L6SPpw

Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Basic Member
Ausm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&L Snowhawk View Post
you can have a full blown MX bike and E start with the ktm sxf450. with that in mind anyone run the 350 with a kit??
One of my buddies just put a kit on a brand new 350, I believe it's the first 350 to have a MH kit bolted to it. We have rode together twice and it seems to do pretty good. I have also been riding with his brother who bought a new KTM 500 and it does really well to. The nice thing about these injected KTM's is that they don't seem to have any problems with snow in the airbox's and they seem to run good all day long. With that said you won't find me throwing down 8k-9k on a new bike. I finally got my CR500 on the snow this past weekend and it's pretty impressive compared to my 300. The snow was deep but very wet and heavy which really sucked up the hp. There were two of us on CR500's and the KTM 500 and I think all three bikes were very comparable in the power and ability department. My buddies CR500 did a little better than mine because of his gearing (13,17,17,20), so I will be changing my gearing around. The CR500 does have quite a bit more vibration than my 300 did and by the end of the day it was quite noticeable but I think that's something I can get use to. What I like about these CR500's is that they are cheap to buy, maintain, rebuild and they will hang with the 4 stroke race bikes. The big two strokes do have a couple down falls though including the vibrations, carb icing, older chassis and they burn a little more fuel.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Currently: riding in the mountains or in my mind
Rush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond repute

This poll should maybe say "What bike do you WISH to have?".... it's funny how you buy something and then later learn what might work better or what does work better.

I have the WR450 and I think it's a good bike.... it's not perfect but it's good and obviously I have a lot of fun on it. Estart, headlight, ability to put it on the road in the off season, etc. It has a lot of positives.

What bike do I want? The 2011 or 2012 KX450 (and I have one coming! YES!). The bike makes it's power in such a way that it just rips for a snowbike application. EFI is a major plus since you don't have to mess with the carb crap, which I hate and I really suck at. Add the Bazzaz AFR tuner and a FMF Powerbomb full exhaust.... can't be beat and I've yet to see any bike touch the all around nimbleness mixed with raw power that the KX450 has. Add to it Allen's good point that you can start the bike by hand and the Estart looks pointless. Another interesting point, with the Bazzaz tuner the fuel economy is just STUPID!!!! You can put an entire day in for only 2gal of gas sometimes while I'll go through 5gal on my Yamaha. Seriously.... a FULL DAY RIDE for only $8.00? That pays for the kit by itself over couple years!

KX450 is probably the best snowbike available.

Last edited by Rush44; 03-28-2012 at 08:15 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rush44 For This Useful Post:
adamd1979 (12-31-2012), retired motoman (04-04-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Currently: Snow Biking in Idaho
Basic Member
retired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond reputeretired motoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is a little more power worth the trade off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalousePoo View Post
I'm especially interested in this poll, and wonder if the extra power of a motorcrosser is worth giving up electric start, larger tank, and a light?
No doubt the super crossers have more power and it will show on the snow.

I run the KTM because of the ease of maintance (from years of ISDE racing) the parts cross-over from model to model (used parts are easy to find) AND charging system for heated grips/headlight (for when you come off the mountain at night).

I am not racing so the extra power does not outweigh the additional maintance required on the super-crosser.

You see at this time my stock '09 KTM 530, has right at 9000 miles as a motorcycle and 5287 miles as a snowbike, for a total of over 14000 miles!!
Is it tired YES, does it still get ridden hard 3 times a week. YES!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired motoman For This Useful Post:
CATSLEDMAN1 (01-11-2013), Dirtbikerider16 (02-04-2015), PalousePoo (04-02-2012), Ryanexcr (04-09-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Mtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond reputeMtn. Muncher has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtn. Muncher For This Useful Post:
retired motoman (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Currently: riding in the mountains or in my mind
Rush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond reputeRush44 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
funjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond reputefunjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to funjunkie For This Useful Post:
Rush44 (03-29-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Basic Member
bfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 AM
whistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond reputewhistlerhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 AM
tdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond reputetdorval has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to tdorval For This Useful Post:
Climbmetothemoon (11-08-2016)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Currently: Let it Snow
JTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond reputeJTAB has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTAB For This Useful Post:
KTMDigger (02-09-2015), lokan6.0 (09-23-2013)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Currently: Roaring my engine
Basic Member
Roar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Basic Member
Ausm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond reputeAusm7499 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ausm7499 For This Useful Post:
Rush44 (04-17-2012), Timbersled (04-17-2012), tomk (04-22-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Currently: Roaring my engine
Basic Member
Roar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant futureRoar_Your_Engine has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Timbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond reputeTimbersled has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Basic Member
bfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond reputebfly has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
upfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond reputeupfront719 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 PM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor

Click Here to Register

Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM
mnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond reputemnsnowhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Currently: Got Snow ?
snocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond reputesnocattin has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to snocattin For This Useful Post:
CATSLEDMAN1 (01-11-2013)