• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo Renegade Conversion into Summit

S
Dec 18, 2011
Hello I'm seeking some advice. I have a 2008 Ski Doo Renegade 800R XP and I want to convert it into a Summit 154. If anyone can shed any light on if this can be done properly, or if you have already done it that would be great. Any tips would be helpful. Thank You!

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
You maybe able to get away with a set of Ice Age rails, but I would verify that the rear axle wouldn't come into contact with the tunnel extension. I know some people who have done 120-146's have mentioned that if the rear arm compresses, and front arm extends, they can make contact with the tunnel at the rear axle.

I wouldn't even consider doing rail extensions on stock XP rails, especially going to the length you are.

C

Cheeze

Sep 28, 2010
A friend of mine bought ice age rails and an extsion he loves it
Sounds like you want a summit skid tho which requires moving your rear drop brackets and I think you would have to drill a new hole for the front arm too if you don't want a coupled rear skid and for the front I'd just buy a s-36 kit that has every thing you need to make the front narrower it all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much fab skill you have
Good luck

G

geetz-123

Aug 11, 2009
Ely MN
Summit conversion................

I would also recommend using a summit rear skid for this conversion....I have done this conversion for my XP....I started with a 121" sc4 with a extension to 146".....although this worked it was not ideal for deep snow.....The coupled suspension would transfer too quickly and dig Fast & Furious trench.....Also to accomodate the extension the torsion springs had to be very stiff at max compression......When I was not satisfied with this setup I did alot of research on summit skids and found that that the early 2008-2009 summit XP skids were not Great without some aftermarket fixes.....I installed a X package 151 summit skid from a 2007 Rev summit.....With trial and error in locating where the frot of the skid should mount, I moved the skid down and back to accomodate the extra track lenght....I had to add new rear suspension mounts .....I would be glad to share the mesurements with you.....Good Luck and Enjoy the project....Best Regards....Gary

Premium Features