For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Currently: Not set.
duckslayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DSP vs DSP Tour

Can someone please explain the difference between the two?? tour has the mark button only and full DSP has mark and scan. what is the scan function and how do the two differ? both do multiple burrials and when marked scan for the next person. kinda at a loss for idea and there is no info on website for support.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Currently: Deploying Avalanche Airbags!
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
SnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond reputeSnowBigDeal has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The DSP has a scan feature, which will tell you how many victims are buried within 5 meters, 20 meters, and 50 meters. It can be useful when trying to plot out the general area.
Also, the DSP has a frequency check feature that will allow you to scan the frequency of another beacon to see how close to 457kHz it is operating.

The most common feature used on the Pieps is the Mark feature, which is why both the DSP and the DSP Tour have this feature. This will allow you to mark the first buried beacon so that the searching beacon can then lock onto the next closest beacon.
For most people the DSP Tour is easier and more practical to use.
509 Helmets & Goggles
Snowmobile Clothing

1-877-SNOW-BIG (1-877-766-9244)

Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM
duckslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

appreciate the response...im understanding that the scan feature just tells you how many victims are buried incase you dont already know and also how far they are from you ... i see how the distance would be helpful but hopefully we are all riding safely and know how many of us are missing (ie. buried).

im experience in using a beacon, is this function worth the extra 100$

Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Currently: Waiting for the white stuff
Basic Member
mtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond reputemtevoracer has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought a pieps dsp and two standard dsp's. What kind of price are you finding this late in the season? I got mine for $209 a piece! I think I did good but I'm interested in how you did. If I did better I can tell you where I got mine, just pm me.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 PM
zachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond reputezachb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtevoracer View Post
I just bought a pieps dsp and two standard dsp's. What kind of price are you finding this late in the season? I got mine for $209 a piece! I think I did good but I'm interested in how you did. If I did better I can tell you where I got mine, just pm me.
Do you care to share where you found them for that price. I'm looking for a pieps DSP also but the cheapest I've found has been $349