For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default SLP High flow intake kit necessary for slp single pipe/pcv?

Anyone with experience with the slp single pipe/can and there mapping, i am wondering if it's really necessary to do the high flow intake kit or not? I have the slp powder valves installed already. Obviousely more air is always better, but wasnt sure if it was really necessary or if they are just trying to sell you another $130 worth of stuff?

Anyone running the slp pipe/pcv with hps can? I already have the hps can and love they way it sounds, any input?? Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Basic Member
Pownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Im running the pcv, slp pipe and can. Runs great. I put a bunch of vents in the dash to allow for more air especially when it's deep. I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box. Just my take but i'm sure any bit helps if money isn't a problem.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Currently: Getting my Wolverine R-Spec ready for summer fun!
MORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Is it necessary, I doubt it, but if you can prevent any restriction to air in/air out reasonably, why not. However, I think it is worth it to replace the cheesy foam filters that were stock on a 07 Dragon with the SLP replacement filters that are riveted in. I also added four additional round vents and a Air Horn kit from SLP along with a SLP pipe and can combo. I don't see any reason that you cannot run your HPS can the way your sled sits. What do you have your PCV doing for your sled? The 07 Dragons have a known lean spot in the mid-range and run rich at the top that most guys try to fix with their PC's.
SLP Pipe/Can Flowrites Vents Airhorn, DTR Tuned PC-V, 19/42 Gears, .375/47 Springs, 5/8" Swing Arm Relocation, Carbide Slidekicks, HD Better Boards, Better Bars, Skinz Bumper, Mountain Addiction TrackRack, Rox FlexTec's, TCP Walker Evans Needles/Dual Rate Springs Front & Rear, AKSNOWRIDER Rear Bumper/Tunnel Support

2012 GMC SLT 2500HD & 16' Aluma Trailer

Old 11-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Basic Member
07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute

Will be running this setup on a 2010 D8. Had the pcv on to avoid meltdown in the infamous mid range lean spot and take a little fuel off of the rich top end. Hoping this new setup works even better!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM
dmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond repute

[ I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box.

Has anyone tried takeing out the 3 air horns from the intake box??
I would think this would up air flow? I would like to try this on my wifes 09'
800 with slp pipe and can. Any info would be great.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Currently: no sno so workin on the cars
440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj1 View Post
[ I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box.

Has anyone tried takeing out the 3 air horns from the intake box??
I would think this would up air flow? I would like to try this on my wifes 09'
800 with slp pipe and can. Any info would be great.

I have an 08 700 would foul plugs and i took out the baffles and it leaned it out some never foulded a plug again

The Following User Says Thank You to 440dart For This Useful Post:
dmj1 (11-22-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Basic Member
Pownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond reputePownar has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
I have an 08 700 would foul plugs and i took out the baffles and it leaned it out some never foulded a plug again

Most people say don't F%@k with the baffles but I have no experience with taking them out.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Currently: Playin w/ BOOST!!!
ajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond repute

I removed air horn and increased the hole on the airbox and hood to the size of the foam ring. peeled the ring off of air box and mounted to hood. so it come off with the hood.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
dmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond reputedmj1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbond View Post
I removed air horn and increased the hole on the airbox and hood to the size of the foam ring. peeled the ring off of air box and mounted to hood. so it come off with the hood.

And how did it run with no air horns in the air box??

Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Currently: Playin w/ BOOST!!!
ajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond reputeajbond has a reputation beyond repute