For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,216 Times in 7,196 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Installation and Review: T.S Fabrications HD Nytro Oil Tank

Back in January of 2010 SnoWest member Sledhead162 started up a thread discussing a new prototype replacement oil tank for the Yamaha Nytro.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=200231

Over the next 18 months or so I followed that thread and his ongoing development. This summer I decided to take the plunge and order one of his "HD Oil Tanks" to put on my own sled and report back to the rest of the Nytro owners on just what Tim had come up with.

My new Tank arrived this afternoon, so I am firing off a new thread on what came in the box.

The install will have to wait a few days as I am still working on installing my Supercharger first...

Oh, and as always.
Anything worth doing is worth doing in YAMAHA BLUE!!
Tim was kind enough to indulge me and had this tank powder-coated just for Nytrocity!!! Your color may vary...

One small box arrived in the post.

Its a silly thing, but I noticed he had a commercial Stapler and sealed the box really well.

The tank was well packed and did NOT rattle around inside the box at all.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-22-2011, 10:28 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The box included only 2 items.
The bubble wrapped tank and a 1 page installation sheet.

The tank arrived without ANY visible blems or scratches on it!
VERY CLEAN!

Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Garage

This is the front of the tank as seen from the bottom looking towards the top

RIGHT side of the tank

BACK of the tank.

TOP of the tank.
Notice the notch all along the front.
This is the cut out so it will be compatible with the MPI Supercharger I am installing. I do NOT know if this will be a standard cut/notch on all of his tanks.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Garage

Side by Side comparisons with the OEM Tank.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Garage

All of this beautiful craftsmanship does come at a small weight price though.

The OEM tank, with all external attachments removed weighted in at 29.7 ounces.
(- Lower bolt, Lower Hose Connector, Oil Level Indicator)

The T.S. Designs Nytro HD Oil Tank weighted in at 75.2 ounces

That is a net increase of +45.5 ounces or nearly 3 pounds!

But what do you get for that extra 3 pounds?

Massive Structural Strength, from what I can see.
I have no doubt whatsoever that this Oil Tank is massively over engineered.

My guess is that is a catastrophic crash where the sled is totaled, you will be able to retrieve this oil tank and use it again!

When Tim says its "Heavy Duty" he isn't kidding.
He has gone the extra mile on all the metal walls and on the welds.
This Oil Tank does a Yamaha Proud!!

What I do NOT know yet is the Volume it holds?
It is certainly going to hold MORE than the OEM, but I can't tell how much more just yet.

In a few days I should be ready to mount it, and then I will offer comments on FIT.

Finish wise, well, I will let the photos speak for themselves.

Last edited by christopher; 09-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Garage

So, am I the only guy on the forum with one of these tanks?

Surely there must be a couple other Nytro Riders that bought one and have some comments to offer up??

Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Currently: Not set.
blackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond repute

Does look like a nice piece. I know a few guys that have punctured the stock tanks, surprised that you dont see more of these as well

Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Garage

Ya, I have "heard" of seam failures as well as punctures.

This tank is going to stand up to some serious abuse.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Currently: Waiting for SNOW!
kinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond reputekinger9 has a reputation beyond repute

christopher - I think you are sinking the value of a new nytro AGAIN in to your sled in mods this year!! It will be a sick sick unit. Love your reviews. Thanks

Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Garage

I admit it.
I am totally smitten with this sled.
She is my baby.

And I am having a total blast modding her out.

Never thought I would end up with a FULL MOD SLED when I started this process.

Reminds me of what Bilbo Baggens said..
It's a dangerous business going out your front door.

Once you make that FIRST MOD, your doomed!!!!

Heck, it keeps me busy and out of trouble.
Gives me something to do every night.

And LOTS of opportunities to LEARN.

And...
If I didn't do all these mods, we wouldn't have nearly as much to talk about in our little Yamaha forum!!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Currently: Doing my snow dance!!!
sledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead162 For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM
KJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
irondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to irondave86 For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
irondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond reputeirondave86 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
KJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeKJFarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to KJFarmer For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-23-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Currently: Doing my snow dance!!!
sledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead162 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Currently: Cinchin' up mah belt...
MotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MotoPsycho For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-28-2011), sledhead162 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
sledhead162 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Currently: Cinchin' up mah belt...
MotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond reputeMotoPsycho has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM
hookedonboost is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register