• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK reverse conversion

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
has anybody put the PERC reverse off a newer RMK on and older one like a 2000 or so.just wondering what would be involved in the conversion if it was possible
thanks cole

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
PERC

I have PERC on a 2004 RMK (factory), 2003 RMK (factory), 2002 700 XC (I installed), 2002 800 RMK (I installed) and a 2000 500 Indy XC (I installed). I also helped install it on a 2002 800 Pro-X.

I am getting ready to install PERC on a 2002 550 SS and will be removing the mechanical reverse.

You need an 18 degree flywheel, oil pump for reverse, left hand control, CDI with PERC harness. It's nice to have the harness that allows the signal to go to the tach for blinking the light but not necessary.

You didn't say if you were doing a big block or not? The stator harness needs to have the triangular 3 prong plugs to work with the CDI harness.
I haven't had to change any of the stators to make it work but will have to change the stator on the 550 fan.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Your also going to need a new Team secondary clutch, with a reverse helix. There was a guy selling a kit with all you need ( no flywheel or oil pump)on E-bay a couple years ago, but not sure it's still on there. I do believe it was a Polaris kit, that might still be available.

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
yeah i have the big block and the stator harness is the square one i do have the clutch from team already thats what kinda got me started on the whole idea i am thinking it would almost be easier to find a wrecked sled with all that stuff on it i dunno would prolly be a summer project winter is almost over here ing the dakotas

Premium Features