For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Montana West Yellowstone, Cooke City, Seely Lake, Lolo Pass, etc.
Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Currently: wants a money tree
fraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cooke City Exxon/Polaris. . . if you ride in Cooke City period READ THIS

Came out to Cooke City this weekend with my brand new Pro RMK with 103 miles on it. After our morning ride we came in and grabbed something to eat, after lunch I couldn’t get my sled to start. I didn’t have spark or fuel. Went over and talked to the mechanic/owner Rick at Exxon Polaris in my full gear and helmet and walked in the door and right off the bat he rudely said why don’t you take off your d*mn helmet so I can hear you, (although my friends standing ten feet back could hear me just fine with their helmets still on and backs turned to me). He sounded like he knew about as much about my sled as my dog and didn’t act like he had the time of day to help me. Frustrated, I pulled it over to BEARCLAW BOB’S (he lets you park your sled in his heated shop to melt off for the night for $10) and parked my sled in and went to the motel while my buds went riding. Next morning I pulled it back over to Exxon/Polaris and asked nicely (with my helmet off of course)if they could check it out, being only a couple days old, my dealer where I bought it hadn’t registered it for warranty yet so the mechanic didn’t even want to look at it although I offered to just pay him. He said it was going to take at least 2-3 hours to figure out the problem and even if he did figure out what was wrong he didn’t have parts nor would he take parts off his new ones sitting outside under 4 foot of snow just to get me out riding. Frustrated, pissed off, and eager to ride I agreed to rent a 2010 155 RMK that had a thousand miles from Exxon for the remainder of my trip, they wanted $145 for the half day and $210 for the next day. Well I was stupid and signed the papers. After I pulled out of there with my rental sled I saw BearClaw Bob on the street and he said he would rent me a brand new 2011 M8 for $100 for the rest of the day and only $175 for the next full day. Really upset I took my RMK rental back to Exxon and said I didn’t want it anymore unless they would cut me a deal. They did nothing to work with me or keep me happy and ended up charging me $30 in labor just to come out and RE INSPECT it before they would take it back after only 10 minutes and a hundred yards of ride time (since they were so busy LIKE USUAL yet only had one sled in their shop LIKE USUAL). Happy as hell to get out of that door I went over and saw BearClaw and he was the nicest most hospitable man out on the mountain. He was eager to help and actually had time to do so unlike the rude folks over at Exxon. He parked it inside for me at night in his heated shop and it was full of fuel and oil in the morning ready for me to get on and ride. BearClaw Bob will let you park your sled inside and let you use his tools, Exxon wouldn’t even let my friend borrow an allen wrench for 30 seconds to tighten up his deflector on his Ski-Doo, we went to Bob’s and of course it was no problem.

All I have to say is that I am so angry with Exxon/Polaris I feel like switching over to Arctic Cat and hauling my own fuel out there (Exxon’s owner owns both gas stations now) just so I don’t have to walk into their door again. BearClaw Bob is the man you want to deal with if you ever go out to Cooke, his wife cooks the best breakfast in town and he is one of the nicest most helpful guys I have met and that’s what it takes if you want your customers coming back unlike Rick at Exxon. I talked to a couple more business owners out there and they said they have heard customers complaining of the same thing. Maybe Rick just has too much money and doesn’t feel like he needs the business???? Whatever his situation is, he better change if he wants people to support him. Thanks Bob
08 IQR 660
04 Pro X2 800 136

Last edited by fraufarm; 12-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraufarm For This Useful Post:
ditch pickle express (12-16-2010), jwentzer (12-27-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Headrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond reputeHeadrush has a reputation beyond repute

Man, what a dink Exxon was/is.

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your sled?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:55 PM
fraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond reputefraufarm has a reputation beyond repute

Ya took it into my local dealer today when i got home and explained the problem and in 2 seconds he told me that my voltage regulator failed and it fried my sleds ecu which controlled everything. Not very happy about it but he's trying to work something out for me since i had to rent and my $11,000 sled sat in the trailer. Too bad a mountain mechanic couldnt have figured it out like that
08 IQR 660
04 Pro X2 800 136

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Currently: heading to cooke jan 28
Saskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant futureSaskdude has a brilliant future
Default bear claw

I also second the service bear claw has. When I was down in cooke lasy year i Needed some welding done on my sled and bob was very helpfull. I brought it in there in the morning and he had me out the door in a half an hour or so. thanks Bob

Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM
scotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond reputescotty b has a reputation beyond repute

It was just like that ten years ago, never gave that (XXX) the pleasure of my money ever agian

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Currently: French Creek Bound
skiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default confused

Since when does your problem become exxon/polaris 's problem? Did u buy from them ? NO -so maybe their busy with their customers. Customers that did buy from them ! Just because your frustrated doesnt warrant an emergency on their time . I dont know any of these people and have never been to Cook but this seems a little harsh to bash these people when honestly your sleds still not fixed because like exxon /ploaris said the parts arent avaible yet are they . And as for taking the parts off another sled that could ruin a sale or rental if someone else comes in there store to rent or buy. Not trying to start a fight just looking at both sides of the situation. As for the rental you signed the contract and could of been charged the full amount . By the way 100 yards in ten minutes how fast is that ? Are you telling your fellow Snowesters the truth or just jackin the story in your favor . As for wearing your helment in the store were you thinking of robing the place or what did you think (in a bigger city you wont do this they would throw u in jail for attemping to rob the place) I can understand why an older gentleman couldnt unerstand you . Sounds like you should have your skidoo friend fix your sled because to borrow a tool fix a sled (no matter how small the problem ) and return it in 30 seconds is darn good wrenching in my book. NEXT TIME YOU GO BASHING GET YOUR STORY A LITTLE MORE BULLET PROOF , I've got nothing in this but I think you owe EXXON /POLARIS AN APOLOGY! just my 2 cents

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skiwiz For This Useful Post:
007 (12-13-2010), Clarke_67 (12-15-2010), jizagui (12-15-2010), pitman247 (12-16-2010), Sledsniper (12-14-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Currently: ready
007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to say that Rick and Susan do a lot for that town and are very nice people!

It sounds to me like you might have had a attitude and that won't get your sled put in front of anybody else.

Rick may just save your life someday on search and rescue too as nobody knows that area better.

Hope you luck changes with the Pro.

KJP

"its bad luck to be superstitious"

Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Currently: Loving the new Silber external wastegate turbo!
Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,214 Posts
skibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, a dealership that sells a product should be happy to service the customer. If the place was open, why wouldn't they try to diagonse the issue? Really, a Poo dealer not stocking an ECU and regulator with the history of those failures. I call BS or just a crappy dealer. The dealer gets paid for service work no matter where it was bought and if he doesn't want to service the sled then he should have never signed the dealer agreement.

The Following User Says Thank You to skibreeze For This Useful Post:
pureadrenaline (12-15-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Currently: Looking Forward To A 0Degree Afternoon!!
Basic Member
AdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, there are alot of dealers that shouldn't be in the business of dealing with people, many don't have a clue!!. There are a couple in my hometown that have never earned anyone's respect either. I have never, and will never, give them a dime. Good luck with the sled.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM
skiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond reputeskiwiz has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Currently: Sauk Rapids,MN
Storm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond reputeStorm47 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Currently: Colorado backcountry fanatic
Basic Member
switchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond reputeswitchback has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to switchback For This Useful Post:
bankshot (12-15-2010), skiwiz (12-13-2010), sortastock (12-23-2010), stay tuned (12-17-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 PM
ndC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Currently: Waiting for the new year!
FrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to fraufarm For This Useful Post:
ProKlim (12-14-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 AM
ProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond reputeProKlim has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to ProKlim For This Useful Post:
pureadrenaline (12-15-2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 01:40 AM
JHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to JHG For This Useful Post:
fraufarm (12-14-2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Currently: itchin to ride
Thundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond reputeThundy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Currently: Wishing I Lived Out West
digger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond reputedigger18 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Closed Thread