For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Currently: Restoring a lunar rocket M5! sleds feel neglected
akholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond repute
Default "NEW M1000 MAPS WITH POWER COMMANDER V"

So I had a chance to dial my sled in over thanksgiving weekend at turnagain and got some numbers people were asking for. I used a PCV and had autotune make my map for me. Piston wash has ~3/4 inch wash and plug color is perfect. Cant hold my hand on the primary for more than 1 second after any hard pull. helped a lot putting side covers and mesh hood since i was burning belts like crazy. have zero spacers behind secondary. running Ultimax XS belt. I also uploaded my target a/f numbers below for the autotune. I'm concerned that it is pulling so much fuel from the map... but wash and plugs are good??? no idea whats up with that. my map was made after about 2 total hours of run time on the autotune. (ran it for 10 minutes, then updated initially, then ran longer between updating pcv with new map as it got closer to being tuned) Runs perfect, no flooding, hesitation, or bogs..

M1000 2008
stock ecu (no update!!)
Speedwerks pipe, ypipe, and can
0-3000 feet
Stock clutching (85 gram with purple spring) (soon to change) but it revs between 7650 to 7800 so i think its actually ok stock.. not sure?
Stock intake with Diamond S mesh hood.
162 sno pro.

andy
ydna7 at hotmail dot com

Would like to hear some other's experiences
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.26.10 turny pcv tune speedwerks 08 m1000.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	123339   Click image for larger version

Name:	air fuel number targets m1000.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	123340  

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akholland For This Useful Post:
fullshift (12-08-2010), rigrat (12-08-2010)
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Offroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond repute

Have you done any full throttle pulls to check wash? that seems pretty lean wide open for a long pull.

I'm running an SLP full exhaust, porting, and an intake and am still way too lean at 13.4 with 20-22% extra fuel up top, final number will be closer to 26% additional I suspect.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Currently: is figuring shit out!
AaronBND has disabled reputation

Do you have EGT's? I am just curious. It's seems really skinny in the 5200-5700 range. I actually just made a second map to put on my switch for trail running to the powder that adds quite a bit to this middle area. I was getting about 1260 and my numbers were all in the single digits in this area already.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
akholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond reputeakholland has a reputation beyond repute
Default egt

I have a set of koso egt's. It was a little lean on top at 7750rpm pulling. I believe I saw a 1350 max on a long pull and after that I put a few more points on the top. Midrange I'm between 900 and 1200 F, nothing huge. From what I understand these things have a rep for being lean in the midrange so yeah my numbers should have nuked this thing already but looks good inside (confused). I checked the wash after about a 1500' vertical pull up a mountain, that's when I noticed the 1350 and added a few fuel points to the top. everything looked good though when I did that. i think I will add fuel to the mid till i notice a bog and then lean her out a tad from there to be conservative.. more riding will tell...
anyone else with a speedwerks pipe come up with numbers for a 08 m1000?

Also to the guy who posted on here about his slp pipe, I am running a full speedwerks exhaust. The slp pip runs totally different fuel numbers and you should in no way fashion or form compare them to mine, that's asking for trouble.

Also speedwerks got back to my email and said to run their Y-2 weights 0-5000ft with the black h5 alloy primary spring I already have. I need to order them and get my rpm back down to 7600

Also unfortuately my air fuel numbers above are from SLP for their system. I need to get a set from speedwerks if anyone has any. not even sure if those are different.

Last edited by akholland; 12-09-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Basic Member
Offroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond reputeOffroad Engineering has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that the slp pipe has a different tuned rpm, however the principles are the same and the target a/f ratio's are the same. It takes a certain amount of fuel at a certain air/fuel ratio to make a certain amount of horsepower assuming that your brake specific fuel consuption is similar.

If you are adding considerably less fuel then you are either running considerably leaner or you are making considerably less horsepower.

I'm not fashioning your numbers to mine, I have my own. I'm trying to help you understand where your numbers need to be, why they need to be there, and explain why they look like trouble

Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroad Engineering View Post
I understand that the slp pipe has a different tuned rpm, however the principles are the same and the target a/f ratio's are the same. It takes a certain amount of fuel at a certain air/fuel ratio to make a certain amount of horsepower assuming that your brake specific fuel consuption is similar.

If you are adding considerably less fuel then you are either running considerably leaner or you are making considerably less horsepower.

I'm not fashioning your numbers to mine, I have my own. I'm trying to help you understand where your numbers need to be, why they need to be there, and explain why they look like trouble

I think your right when you said

"It takes a certain amount of fuel at a certain air/fuel ratio to make a certain amount of horsepower assuming that your brake specific fuel consuption is similar."

Which makes my numbers make a little bit more sense if you think of it in the respect that with the addition of a pipe, you lose some bottom end and gain some top end power. Therefore my reduction of mid range fuel number and addition of top end fuel numbers makes sense in my head anyways. Maybe SLP pipe makes more power in mid range than speedwerks, who knows. I hear that speedwerks pipe doesn't put more power than slp till you port it, then it works really really well.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM

dont know if anyone ran that map above but I eventually started pasting a piston after seeing a 1350 temp on a long pull. I'm now paranoid and set my max egt to 1200. that 13:1 a/f number wide open I am going to say was too lean for anything longer than a 8 second pull at wide open. I am now running my a/f targed wide open at 12.5 and getting much better results. Highest temp was 1207F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map dec 27 2010.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	126098  

Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM

You need to pull plugs and check piston wash to find out where your sled likes to run with nice brown colored plugs. Mine likes right at 1260 max temps. Anything above this they start going grayish. Find your sweet spot on your plugs and tune to it in the mid and upper range. Your numbers looked really skinny to what I run......I was nervous for you!

Aaron

Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 PM

funny thing is that I was checking my plugs and wash. plugs were a nice brown color and the wash looked lean (lots of carbon). maybe I didn't run it wide open long enough. I need to find a lake. Im now running a fatter map and still dont have much wash if any. How long does it take to change piston wash? It's been through a half tank of fuel around the house tuning.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM
rigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond reputerigrat has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Basic Member
tchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Basic Member
tchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond reputetchriste has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Offroad Engineering For This Useful Post:
akholland (01-11-2011)
Old 12-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Currently: mid week sled rides
Team Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Currently: mid week sled rides
Team Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
XxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond reputeXxXModRods has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 07:44 AM
Basic Member
bertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant futurebertrenolds has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register