For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,184 Times in 7,183 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Installation and Review: SKINZ Tunnel Rack & Tunnel Pack.

Just got my new Tunnel Rack in from Skinz.
Like everything in this summer's project list this was also custom powdercoated Yamaha Blue to match the rest of the gear they made for me.

I unpacked it and set it on the tunnel just to get a feel for what it looks like.
Will do the install shortly.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Old 11-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Currently: Not set.
big_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond repute
Default rack

Christopher looks like you need a black grip matt in between that rack to cover your brake light holes and stop things from sliding around and damaging that shiny tunnel!

Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Garage

Last night I opened the package and just set the rails on the tunnel to see how it looks.

Tonight I will trim the crossbar to make it fit better, then drill and mount the rails, and THEN install the rubber traction mats that came with it.

Right now I am wondering if I want to order a 2nd rack.

Install one at the tail for the Tunnel Bag, and then flip it around the other direction and install it right behind the seat to put a 2.5 gallon fuel can in sitting up on the Exhaust plate cover.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Currently: lookin' for a soft place to land or something cheap to slam into........
Mtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond reputeMtn-Track has a reputation beyond repute

I put one on the wife's Vector 2 seasons ago with their tunnel bag. Works well with lots of storage.

I do like your powder coated version better!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pictures 001.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	120024  
'53 Tucker 443 Sno-Cat

Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Garage

Just as soon as the Snow Show is over with, I hope to get his installed and ready to use for next weekend!

Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Garage

So, after playing with this a bit I decided to mount the pack at the rear of the tunnel and the rack in the front of the tunnel to hold a fuel can.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Garage

The tunnel bag uses a combination of Velcro and Rivets to hold it in place.
There are two large self adhesive velcro patches underneath it.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Garage

I choose to rivet it to the rear of the new bumper.

The bag kit came with BLACK Rivets, which I thought I would use as they look SO much cleaner than the normal bright rivets.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Garage

But once again I was confronted with the one thing I HATE about Skinz Products.

THE RIVETS ARE HORRIBLE.

Of the 4 Black rivets, THREE of them FAILED.

And as the picture before showed, they leave a NASTY exposed casing unlike the Yamaha OEM Rivents.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register