• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Pro RMK Turbo Kit

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
These are amazing turbo sleds!

Boondocker has been putting miles our production turbo Pro’s for several weeks now, so when your turbo ships the tuning will be done. The new Pro RMK turbo kits will be released, and current orders will be shipped December 1st -4th. The intercooler upgrade for the Pro will be released at a later date, and an exchange program will be available to anyone with a non intercooled Boondocker Pro turbo air box.

Boondocker refuses to deliver an inferior product, and will deliver tested proven parts, so that you can have confidence that you Boondocker turbo will perform.

I would like to answer questions anyone might have about this new turbo sled.

Junior

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
How much boost/power you expecting to run?? Pump gas? Race?

A

aus091

Dec 25, 2008
Injectors

Did you guys stick with stock injection system or did you add injectors?

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
How much boost/power you expecting to run?? Pump gas? Race?

Did you guys stick with stock injection system or did you add injectors?

4-6 psi of boost is usually your pump gas range. Non intercooled 6-8 psi is great if you want to run a little higher octane. Of course this varies according to the elevation you are riding. Above 8 psi is where an intercooler really starts to shine.

Auxiliary injectors will be available with the intercooler upgrade, but the Boondocker Control Box can run the stock injectors up to 12 psi of boost.

Junior

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
I kinda use my toe hole loops..a lot in fact...actually...off topic, is there anyone making deeper toe sockets for the Rush? I'm a 13 and im not loving the depth.

As for the Boondocker exhaust running through there...its my toes I use to hang on when I am ripping...

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
how about a low elevation version? 0-4000 feet? any reason there would be other issues at low elevation? they are? what power increase are you looking at for a pump gas version? av gas? race gas?

pv

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
bump

anyone? this got pushed to the second page so i thought i push it back up see if anyone in the know had an answer. for that matter, does anyone have much info, experience with turbos at low elevation?

pv

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Me Too

I kinda use my toe hole loops..a lot in fact...actually...off topic, is there anyone making deeper toe sockets for the Rush? I'm a 13 and im not loving the depth.

As for the Boondocker exhaust running through there...its my toes I use to hang on when I am ripping...

X3^^^^ Want to know if the exhaust pipe is in the way of the toe hole loops. I use mine a lot too.

SAVED BY GRACE OR JUNIOR could you answer this question please??? Does the pipe and or shield block off the toe loop??

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com

Whats wrong with the stock exhaust hole exit?

The exhaust pipe does not in any way hinder you when hanging on with your toes. In fact you do not even know it’s there when you are riding.

The reason Boondocker turbos exhaust in this spot is because this area never fills with snow. Turbos move so much air on both intake and exhaust that even the slightest obstruction at either end has immediate detrimental effects on engine performance. This means that if you were to exhaust your turbo out the stock location, and make a hard right turn in deep snow, your sled will likely put you over the handlebars. Boondocker turbos run in deep snow because we exhaust inside the track area, (which by the way is patent pending) and we intake under the hood, the only two areas on the entire snowmobile that do not ever fill with snow.

Junior

D
Nov 26, 2007
The exhaust pipe does not in any way hinder you when hanging on with your toes. In fact you do not even know it’s there when you are riding.

The reason Boondocker turbos exhaust in this spot is because this area never fills with snow. Turbos move so much air on both intake and exhaust that even the slightest obstruction at either end has immediate detrimental effects on engine performance. This means that if you were to exhaust your turbo out the stock location, and make a hard right turn in deep snow, your sled will likely put you over the handlebars. Boondocker turbos run in deep snow because we exhaust inside the track area, (which by the way is patent pending) and we intake under the hood, the only two areas on the entire snowmobile that do not ever fill with snow.

Junior

so you are trying to say that your tunnel dump exhaust is pending a patent? Are you serious?

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
how about a low elevation version? 0-4000 feet? any reason there would be other issues at low elevation? they are? what power increase are you looking at for a pump gas version? av gas? race gas?

pv

We are currently testing these sleds at 6000 ft. and above. As soon as there is snow below 5000 ft we will be there testing.

Typically turbo sleds at elevations of 0-4000 ft. straight up rip, but may need to run a little less compression or a little higher octane fuel.

Junior

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
what kind of HP are we looking at with the Intercooled and non intercooled kits?

Nice work:face-icon-small-hap

T
Nov 20, 2010
So does this mean that anybody caught with a NON-BD built tunnel dump on there sled could be prosecuted to the fullest extent by BD? :face-icon-small-win

Thats right BD decided that they had nothing else better to do and would go around looking at hundreds of sled to see who had tunnel dumps. They felt it would be best for there company to try and piss off as many people as possible, because they are so tired of selling turbo Kits. You got to love the internet they let any DUMB A$$ post what ever they want.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Thats right BD decided that they had nothing else better to do and would go around looking at hundreds of sled to see who had tunnel dumps. They felt it would be best for there company to try and piss off as many people as possible, because they are so tired of selling turbo Kits. You got to love the internet they let any DUMB A$$ post what ever they want.

Yep, your first post on this site proved that eh?

Premium Features