For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,211 Times in 7,193 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Installation and Review: SKINZ Nytro "Air Frame" Seat Kit

This afternoon my Skinz Protective Gear Nytro "Airframe" Seat Kit arrived. I requested this be powdercoated in Yamaha Blue as I thought it would add a nice touch to my Blue 2010 SE. Skinz was more than happy to accommodate this request and did a fabulous job on the powder-coating!

While I have not yet done the install, I wanted to let everyone know what was built and shipped to me.

Some may ask why I bother with the photos of the shipping material. Having been in custom manufacturing, HOW a specialty product is packed and shipped to the customer says ALOT about the overall quality of the product itself.

Skinz packaging and shipping was FIRST RATE!
Everything arrived INTACT without any scratches or abrasions, extremely well wrapped and boxed.

The overall quality of the finished product "Appears" to be excellent!
The beauty of their aluminum welds speaks volumes all by itself, but the saddle stitching on the seat and the accessory bag that goes underneath the seat are tight and well done!

As summer rolls along and I get this installed, I will add more to this post.

The Box

The contents with 50% of the wrapping already removed.
This seat came EXTREMELY well packed.

The Seat

Underside of the rear of the seat

Underside of the front of the seat.

Underside Front.

Side View

Under the seat accessory bag

Side View

Underside of the bag with mounting Tap for the Velcro Patches to hold it to the tunnel.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

First impressions.
The fit and finish of the seat is terrific.
When I press down on the seat the foam feels quite HARD to my hand, much harder than I would have expected.

But..

When I sat on the seat I was pleasantly surprised to find it Very Comfortable!
Its Narrow and its Solid, but there is more cushioning in the foam than I thought based just on pressing down on it with my hands.

Its going to be stiffer than the OEM Seat I am sure, but not nearly as stiff as it felt to my hand.

The added height and reduced width should make this a great seat for the mountains.

Will be interesting to remove the OEM seat and find out what the true weight savings really is.

And as for me, I LOVE the little underseat accessory bag.
Its a decent size, well made, water tight, and can be easily removed from under the seat using the Velcro fastener.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Currently: Waiting on Snow!
SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Sled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I think the BLUE was a good call, looks really sharp!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Garage

Won't know for sure till I get it all bolted on the sled.
Then we will see if the extra time to get it all custom powder-coated was worth it or not.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Currently: wanting one more good ride
Basic Member
0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Does it fit with a rear mount turbo?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Currently: Waiting on Snow!
SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Sled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

We don't know yet, best thing to do is post a picture and see IF it looks like it will fit.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Currently: Snow in hills, waiting on sled to get here!!!
MTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled Solutions View Post
We don't know yet, best thing to do is post a picture and see IF it looks like it will fit.
I would suggest taking some measurements on your turbo from the front mounting cover that orginally covered the muffler...there are some studs the cap screws used to go on...if you can get measurements of where the turbo comes out, and where it tips up etc.

then call Skinz and they can do some mock up stuff for you...they are VERY cool to help out like that...and knowing them would work with you on shipping it back if it was an issue...

they are great to work with...

9/11/2001....I will NOT forget!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Currently: Not set.
essexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good Christopher. Can you post a pic of your sled with the seat on?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Garage

I plan on bringing the sled up into the garage for the SnoWest 4th of July Party and then starting the long process of modification.

As I install each of the new parts, I will post photos along the way to the threads.

When its all done, I will go back through the threads, edit them, and then create a new one that has everything in a nice clean concise presentation.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
essexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

you da man! Like I mentioned on your "boards" thread, I'm curious on weight savings.... It's going to look sweet!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Currently: To the MTNs soon!
05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute05REVSTER has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Currently: On top of Moron Mtn. . .
MARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Currently: Offshore UK wanting a read
spikeydave is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
vector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Dogpile (09-08-2010)
Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
vector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Currently: If you can't fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem.
←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ←snow∞motion→ For This Useful Post:
christopher (09-08-2010), Mister907 (10-25-2011)
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Currently: Slash rides me like a oldlady
Basic Member
ARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond reputeARMYSLEDER has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register