For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: ZX Sleds 99-2005, all models in the ZX chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Currently: #lumberjack
JustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Thumbs up Hands down the best ZX MOD!

Okay I want to add some play to my sled over the summer here is what I am running now. But I wanna know what will put the cherry on the cake!

2002 Summit 700

151" track

700 dual ring pistons

HPS Can

No DPM

rack carbs off a 2005, jetted to my altitude.

WRP Boards (1st pair ever made and the best mod to date) You guys need a pair of these sick boards.

Tunnel Dropped 1 inch

2" riser

Last edited by JustinB; 05-27-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 PM
JustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond reputeJustinB has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Planned Summer mods.

4" riser

boss seat

Paint tunnel black (going stealth)

vents next to gauges

new track (finger track sucks)

MPEM Re-curve

2 Wheel Kit w/8" wheels

( new sled )

Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Currently: enjoying every minute of summer
go high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond repute

I have the slp florites in the dash pod next to gauges on my 03 zx 800 and like them. I think you may find the clip on florites easier to use. I left my DPM with no changes but did jet down 2 sizes and dropped the needle 1 spot.

The boss seat is a nice little mod too. I'm actually going back to the MBRP trail can or a dynoport can as the HPS can i have requires ear plugs to go anywhere.

I also have had good luck with gearing down and putting on a Team 04 clutch. Currently going from 4 inch Fly riser to 7 inch.

The only other things i would do is blow off the second idler wheel on the rail and put on some ice scratchers and put on a low profile windshield as it will help keep the snow off the air intake filters.

2 wheel kit will look cool. I dont know if Mountain Machines makes a kit for your stock rails but thier stuff is cool. Fabcraft has cool wheels.

I think Skidoo came out with the reed spacers in 2003 but dont know if they were used on the 700 and/or with your carb setup.....you should check with the dealer or ask around here on SnoWest as I think they were a good improvement too.

Last edited by go high fast; 05-27-2010 at 11:21 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to go high fast For This Useful Post:
aftermath (10-24-2010), JustinB (05-30-2010)
Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Currently: counting the minutes tell I can ride my PRO!!!!!!!!!
deboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by go high fast View Post
I have the slp florites in the dash pod next to gauges on my 03 zx 800 and like them. I think you may find the clip on florites easier to use. I left my DPM with no changes but did jet down 2 sizes and dropped the needle 1 spot.

The boss seat is a nice little mod too. I'm actually going back to the MBRP trail can or a dynoport can as the HPS can i have requires ear plugs to go anywhere.

I also have had good luck with gearing down and putting on a Team 04 clutch. Currently going from 4 inch Fly riser to 7 inch.

The only other things i would do is blow off the second idler wheel on the rail and put on some ice scratchers and put on a low profile windshield as it will help keep the snow off the air intake filters.

2 wheel kit will look cool. I dont know if Mountain Machines makes a kit for your stock rails but thier stuff is cool. Fabcraft has cool wheels.

I think Skidoo came out with the reed spacers in 2003 but dont know if they were used on the 700 and/or with your carb setup.....you should check with the dealer or ask around here on SnoWest as I think they were a good improvement too.
if your selling that dynoport you can call or email me what ever is easier for you

my number is 712 631 9626
and email is craigdeboer800@hotmail.com

thanks craig

also on my sled i was planing on powder coating my rail, riser, trailing arms, bumper, and radius rods

Polaris 08 600 RMK 155" white 09 plastic, air frames

Last edited by deboer; 05-29-2010 at 10:09 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to deboer For This Useful Post:
JustinB (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Garage

What is everyone geared at????

Old 05-30-2010, 07:44 AM
deboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond reputedeboer has a reputation beyond repute

i was think on going down one or two teeth from stock

Polaris 08 600 RMK 155" white 09 plastic, air frames

The Following User Says Thank You to deboer For This Useful Post:
JustinB (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I got a buddy with a '00 700 151" we geared it down, 18/43. Not one stock bored sled would beat it across a lake at 7000ft. And trackspeed was instant, no need to take huge runs at hills.
A seat and risers are so welcomed you have no idea. Totally updates the sled so it's actually a joy to ride.
Reed spacers and ceramic coat the pipe/y-pipe. You got the can.
I was always partial to a Cat secondary on these sleds, instant performance gain.
Track/suspension/skis/hood options are endless.

But a BIG riser, taller seat, and gearing WAY down will net you the biggest results.
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

The Following User Says Thank You to Reeb For This Useful Post:
JustinB (06-02-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeb View Post
I got a buddy with a '00 700 151" we geared it down, 18/43. Not one stock bored sled would beat it across a lake at 7000ft. And trackspeed was instant, no need to take huge runs at hills.
A seat and risers are so welcomed you have no idea. Totally updates the sled so it's actually a joy to ride.
Reed spacers and ceramic coat the pipe/y-pipe. You got the can.
I was always partial to a Cat secondary on these sleds, instant performance gain.
Track/suspension/skis/hood options are endless.

But a BIG riser, taller seat, and gearing WAY down will net you the biggest results.
I got the 05 carbs they had spacers with them. Looking for a boss seat. Im at stock gearing maybe I'll buy a couple and try them out. I heat wrapped the pipe and can this weekend with the black heat wrap (made the sled sound less tingy and now has more of a grunt. Ordered a low profile windshield and painted the trailing arms. I also pulled the wheels off the skid and left only the necessary ones.

Anyone got a good way to take off the graphics on the hood heat gun and windex are taking way too long.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Garage
Default WRP BOARDS FOR ZX

Got the arms sanded and painted.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Currently: Not set.
crooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to crooklyn For This Useful Post:
JustinB (06-02-2010)
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Currently: enjoying every minute of summer
go high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond reputego high fast has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to go high fast For This Useful Post:
JustinB (06-02-2010)
Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Premium Member
Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,601 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to winter brew For This Useful Post:
JustinB (06-02-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Currently: Fixing all the stuff I broke over the winter
Basic Member
2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute2manysleds has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2manysleds For This Useful Post:
crooklyn (06-03-2010), JustinB (06-03-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Skidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,382 Times in 4,160 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-03-2010, 10:46 PM
crooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputecrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Skidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond reputeSkidoohmx has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-05-2010, 08:22 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Click Here to Register