For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,218 Times in 7,197 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Review: Sno-Skinz Outdoor Snowmobile Cover

I am in the hunt for some good high quality outdoor covers for my new sleds.
Something that will stand up to being outside in the sun for the next 6 months.

Anyone had any particular better experiences with one brand or another?

Any of them made to handle the higher after market seats on the Nytros ??

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Currently: wanting one more good ride
Basic Member
0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest Plywood for a cover
Whip up a simple low / small shed and get the sleds a few inches off the ground while you're at it
A full summer will wreck the covers to the tune of $200 + bux each and the sun will get at the ski's and track etc anyway
Sun is Nasty

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Currently: Collecting Pine Needles
Thanked 1,252 Times in 747 Posts
KSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I am in the hunt for some good high quality outdoor covers for my new sleds.
Something that will stand up to being outside in the sun for the next 6 months.

Anyone had any particular better experiences with one brand or another?

Any of them made to handle the higher after market seats on the Nytros ??
How about renting a storage unit?
For what you spent on the sleds, it would be a shame to park them outside.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient
I will get to you shortly.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I plan on moving them into and out of the garage over the summer as we work on them getting them ready for next winter.

So I want to store them under my back porch down on my walk out basement patio when I can ride them up the grass and into/out of my garage.

Are there REALLY no covers that will stand the test of summer exposure??

When I was manufacturing boats down in Havasu we made out own custom covers for the boats out of a material called "Sunbrella Supreme". This material runs about $40 per yard, but is absolutely AMAZING in it's longevity to UV Light. It is fully backed with a VERY SOFT acrylic flocking so the gelcoat on the boat was never scratched, and it was strong enough to allow high speed highway transport with the cover in place on the boat!

But these covers would easily give you many many years of 100% Desert UV exposure.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Garage

Looking at all the covers I have come across so far, SNO-SKINS is looking like it might be a winner.

Anyone own one?

Old 04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Currently: Waiting for the weekend...
Extreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond reputeExtreme-One has a reputation beyond repute

Sno Slinz is what I'd recommend... they cover the skis and seem to be made from decent material. You might end up replacing them once a year... When I use to leave mine outside over the summer I'd put the covers on, use a tarp to help with the sun that was doubled up, put a 2x4 under the tracks and put moth balls under the hood to keep bugs out of the engine area. You might also want to put a rag in your tail pipe to keep un wanted things from crawling inside.

The best cover I've found is an enclosed trailer, works good all winter as a trailer and doubles as a storage shed in the summer.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Garage

This is starting to sound like a Niche Market that someone needs to tap into.

Absolutely NO WAY a cover should deteriorate in ONE YEAR, let alone 5 year!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Currently: watching the snow fall
Basic Member
tivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond reputetivoklr has a reputation beyond repute
Default stocker

I've gotten about 2 summers out of my stock yamaha cover, but I'm guessing this will be the last summer for it. I paid MSRP at my dealer for the cover, which I am guessing was around $150, so for $50 a summer it takes care of business, and who knows, it might still be usable next winter. The sled sits in the sun at 8000ft.

I would kill for the UV to destroy my stock Maverick track (hasn't happened yet), and it doesn't seem like the skis are any worse for wear.

The boat cover material you describe is likely your best bet though for quality outdoor summer storage, perhaps an upholsterer could make one for you, it doesn't have to fit as well as a travel cover since it's for storage.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 2,145 Times in 1,281 Posts
snowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond repute

heres a nice cover

The Following User Says Thank You to snowmobiler For This Useful Post:
christopher (04-12-2010)
Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoklr View Post
I've gotten about 2 summers out of my stock yamaha cover, but I'm guessing this will be the last summer for it. I paid MSRP at my dealer for the cover, which I am guessing was around $150, so for $50 a summer it takes care of business, and who knows, it might still be usable next winter. The sled sits in the sun at 8000ft.

I would kill for the UV to destroy my stock Maverick track (hasn't happened yet), and it doesn't seem like the skis are any worse for wear.

The boat cover material you describe is likely your best bet though for quality outdoor summer storage, perhaps an upholsterer could make one for you, it doesn't have to fit as well as a travel cover since it's for storage.
If I was back down in Havasu it would be no trouble at all to have custom covers whipped up, as there were several independent shops that could make covers for anything that moved.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Currently: Designing parts
Mountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond reputeMountaintech has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 04-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Currently: Yamaha 4 stroke moderator
MODERATOR: Premium Member
motojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond reputemotojunkie101 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Currently: Just got the 16 Cat LE Yahoo!!
TRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Currently: waitin to ride...again
Mister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond reputeMister907 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Currently: Hele i kahi mokupuni
Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,580 Posts
05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register