For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis
View Poll Results: General Feelings on 08-10 Polaris D8
Iíve had nothing but good fortune with this sled. 241 33.33%
Iíve Had Minor Issues Such as Hyfax. 118 16.32%
I Checked Number Two But I Ride a Mountain Sled at 70 on HardPacked Trails... 23 3.18%
One Engine Failure (i.e. crank, pistons, block, cylinder walls, etcÖ) 140 19.36%
Two to Three Engine Failures 70 9.68%
Three or More Engine Failures 41 5.67%
One VR/ECU Failure 104 14.38%
Two to Three VR/ECU Failures 28 3.87%
Three or More VR/ECU Failures 8 1.11%
If Numbers Four through Nine Were Checked Was it Covered Under Warranty? 134 18.53%
If Numbers Four through Nine Were Checked Was it Not Covered Under Warranty? 70 9.68%
Iíve Had Issues with a Mid-Range Stumble/Lean Condition. 221 30.57%
Iíve Had It, One Thing After Another, Somebody Please Buy This ThingÖ 80 11.07%
Iím Looking Forward to March so I Can Snow Check the New Pro RMK. 73 10.10%
$30 For 3 Years of Enjoying the Benefits of SnoWest is Money Well Spent! 116 16.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 723. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Currently: Building a rocket ship to the moon...
WyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond repute
Default For Everyone with an 08-10 D8 Please Read

So...I've logged many hours on my 09 D8 163, most of which were spent pushing snow with the hood as I've become a bit of a fair weather (sunny skies and new powder) rider and am fortunate enough to live in a location that provides me with this option!! I've changed a few plugs and gone through 3-4 of the spendy 321115 belts but never had any major problems to speak of. I'd like to know if I'm the minority (these threads would leave you to believe that I am) or if there are others that share my good fortune. I've comprised a list from the minor to major problems to see just where everyone sits. As a list of everything that has went wrong with every individual sled would be not only hard to compose but lengthy as well I've limited it to the most common in my opinion....

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Currently: Not set.
2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute2strokes_are_awesome has a reputation beyond repute

Overall I'm very happy with my 08 D8. I've had a little trouble with the midrange bog, not much, and the plastics aren't what I would call the best/most durable.

I'm more upset about buying the sled this last fall because the pro rmk just came out than because of any problems I've had with it.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:33 AM
tdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond reputetdblakes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokes_are_awesome View Post
I'm more upset about buying the sled this last fall because the pro rmk just came out than because of any problems I've had with it.
Agreed... haha

Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,468 Times in 846 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

That's a misleading poll because some items are checked on conditions of another checkbox.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Currently: Pura Vida
thefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond repute

From a prior poll, I would guess that you have close to a 1/3 of the owners that have problems or are not completely satisfied with their sled. There has been quite a bit of buyers remorse when it comes to these.
You have only included a fraction of the issues that a person can find on these sleds. Some run great and others don't, but it is far from the 2% failure rate they should have. Polaris just can't seem to get a handle on it.
A lot of the issues stem just from how Polaris has chosen to deal with the problems. Rather than doing the right thing and taking back or replacing the problem sleds Polaris just sits and watches the consumer squirm. The dealer is left clueless, and Polaris won't acknowledge the customer. They try one thing after another to fix it constantly inconveniencing the consumer. The customer spends $10,500 and feels like giving up the sport because his sled hasn't been right in 3 years.
When I started my sled for the first time this year it said 705 miles and you don't want to hear all the problems I found with my sled and motor. I spent an easy $1200 this season making my sled reliable. That doesn't include my own mishap that turned out to be my saving grace.
I don't mean to sound negative and I am truly happy for those of you with great running sleds. However, the impression that Polaris has left on me is that they don't care about the customer. They could have handled these situations in a much better manner. Instead they chose the route that would inevitably lead to lost customers and sales. They are more worried about the almighty dollar than producing a quality product. They have it backwards, if they build a quality product the dollar will come. Quality control is non existent within Polaris. It really says something about a company when your product doesn't even meet your own tolerances and specifications when it leaves the assembly line.
Sorry, I'm done now.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to thefullmonte For This Useful Post:
2XM3 (07-11-2011), 900 POLCAT (02-17-2010), CO 2.0 (02-17-2010), doobied23 (11-14-2016), dragonryder800 (03-03-2010), Duvall Dean (12-15-2015), goinvertical (02-25-2010), Hooker (03-31-2010), KAWGRN (11-20-2010), Lake Cle Elum (03-13-2010), Lovesnow (08-22-2011), m7arcticcat (02-18-2010), MTDAD (10-25-2011), Pro-8250 (11-09-2010), R44guy (03-06-2011), saskhillbilly (03-03-2011), triple650 (01-02-2011)
Old 02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Currently: Polaris down
Basic Member
POLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant futurePOLCAT27 has a brilliant future

Unfortunately i have to agree. I've been riding Polaris on and off for 14yrs and my 09 Dragon is not very reliable. Every second ride it ends up in the shop for programming. The reflashes just don't seem to work. It will run good for a few days then engine light comes on and goes into limp mode. Doesn't matter if i'm on the throttle or not. I'm scared to do anything performance wise to it because of warranty and reliability. It's in the shop again and waiting to hear from Polaris to see what they want to do next. Too bad because i like the chasis.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
WyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond reputeWyoPro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugIto View Post
That's a misleading poll because some items are checked on conditions of another checkbox.
If you're referring to the check boxes that you check if it was under warranty or not I'm not sure how that misleads anything. I did, however, consider the fact that the people checking for example 2-3 Engine Failures would have had 1 engine failure as well so it depends on if the individual checked 1 and 2-3?? In theory I was thinking that if you had 2-3 engine failures you would not check 1 engine failure and the combination of the two (i.e. total amount of people in 1, 2-3, and 3+ out of total votes) would give you an estimate as to the percent of people that have had at least one engine failure. I guess all I'm really looking at here is that I know a lot of individuals are having issues regarding this 800 CFI, and they have every reason to be unhappy with their sleds and with Polaris in general in the way that they are handiling this situation. I'm also of the opinion that people are much more vocal when they have issues regarding something such as an engine failure than if they haven't had any issues at all....

Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Jkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond reputeJkinzer has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I am another one with thousands of miles and pretty much no issues... 4600 all boosted miles to be exact. i did have a regulator failure... only one though and it was after 3800 miles so i'm not to upset by it. sled has been great pull and go since day one. my dad rides an 09 RMK 800 which has also been issue free... has around 2000 miles on it with no problems other than the stock pipe heat shield splitting which was warrantied and replaced. My girlfriend now has around 1400 miles on her slightly modded 09 D8 which had 1000 miles on it when i got it. Her sled as well has been 100% trouble free. We got some of the good ones!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Basic Member
Dhelihiker is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this thread. Id like to know what % of the people with no issues have stock vs. mod and what mods?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhelihiker For This Useful Post:
rmk727 (02-20-2010)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
snosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond reputesnosfun has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Dazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Basic Member
crashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Currently: livin' the dream!, but needin' to ride!
chumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond reputechumbilly1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
rockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond reputerockinmranch has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Basic Member
Litre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Litre1000 For This Useful Post:
ericsol (09-28-2011)
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Basic Member
nanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant futurenanook has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanook For This Useful Post:
Lake Cle Elum (03-13-2010), Pro-8250 (11-09-2010)
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Currently: Hele i kahi mokupuni
Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,579 Posts
05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Basic Member
Litre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond reputeLitre1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Litre1000 For This Useful Post:
bigfeet (10-30-2011), catmanm8 (03-01-2010), Motoman (03-11-2010), skotertoken (07-16-2010), Texasron (02-25-2010), tlprox (08-22-2011)
Old 02-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Basic Member
TSND is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Basic Member
powerstrokeguy is on a distinguished roadpowerstrokeguy is on a distinguished road

Click Here to Register

Old 02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Currently: no sno so workin on the cars
440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute440dart has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Currently: On boost and loving it!
highmarkco is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Currently: <<<THIS SLED IS FOR SALE>>>
Thanked 2,437 Times in 1,356 Posts
AKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to AKSNOWRIDER For This Useful Post:
TakeTwo (08-16-2013)