For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Currently: Not set.
randeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant futurerandeeh has a brilliant future
Default Advice for new(er?) sled

Hi ladies,
I'm hoping you can help me out.
I'm looking to buy a newer sled this season so we can do more and decide if its going to be a full blown hobby. We got into it a few years back when my parents purchased a couple 1996 polaris sleds. I couldn't tell you what they are because they're stored at the ranch is Saratoga. Anyway, I'd like to get something newer -- probably in the 2-3k range just so we can experiment more with what we like to do. So, basically I'm looking for a sled that I can handle (start, unstick, etc).

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Currently: will be at MX of Nations
BackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant futureBackCountryBabe has a brilliant future

I'd say go out an rent a sled. I'm very new to snowmobiling, and wasn't about to jump into something with a ?K price tag. I rented a few different Polaris' and SkiDoos' before I made a decision. Sadly Arctic Cat was out of my price range, so I didn't even bother renting one.

I bought myself a used 2006 Skidoo and am very happy with my sled. Just remember once a sled leaves the showroom floor, the resale value drops pretty fast in today's economy. If you find something you like , try looking for a used sled.

I know the more experienced women on the forum can point you in a better direction, if you got specific questions.

Good Luck, wish I could be more help.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
skidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond reputeskidoochic has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely go and test drive a few. I've heard alot of ladies around here love their Skidoo Rev 600's (fairly light, easy to handle, plenty of power), and right now with the economy in this slump, the dealers are really giving out some incentives. Also, check out craigslist and the like - I just found an 04 800 Rev 151" for my hubby for $3750 - can you say WOW? ;-) Personally I'm going to wait another year or so for a newer one for me - my good ole 440 MXZ is running awesome right now, and I just can't see myself parting with it yet... Good luck and have fun sled shopping!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Currently: thinking snow.....
whitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond reputewhitegold46 has a reputation beyond repute

The test rides are a great idea!! I ride a doo but i think they all have there pro's and con's , find one that you feel comfortable on. One thing i would recommend is to get a "pre-purchase inspection" done on the one you are seriously looking at... this can save a wack load of money if a crank or top end is going. They usually cost anywhere from $50 - $100 dollars depending on how in depth you want them to go, but in my opinion, it is money well spent!! Good luck, and happy shopping!!

The Following User Says Thank You to whitegold46 For This Useful Post:
BackCountryBabe (03-02-2010)