For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
SnoWest Announcements This forum is for announcements from your web administrators to all members of the SnoWest Forums.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,181 Times in 7,182 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default SNOWEST FORUMS: All new SWAPMEET section.

SnoWest Forum Members:

For the last several weeks we have been working on a new module to completely overhaul and upgrade the SnoWest Forums. I am happy to announce that this new part of SnoWest is now ready for public testing.

If you will look on your main menu bar, you will find a new listing "Swapmeet". When you click on this 6 new options will appear.

Main Page
List All Ads
Place an Ad
Search Ads
My Watch List
Subscriptions
My Ads

From now till Friday October 16th the SwapMeet will be in TESTING MODE. That means you welcome and invited to place TEST ADS in the forum to learn how the system works and help us debug the new software. If all goes well, On Friday the 16th ALL ADS WILL BE DELETED and the system will go live. When that happens we will begin a gradual phase out of the old Swapmeet forum over the course of a few weeks.

So, I invite you to go take a look at the newest section of SnoWest, and then to come back to this tread and post your comments.

If you find something that doesn't work properly, Please Report It.

If you have a constructive suggestion of how we might make it work better, Please Post it. Our goal is to create a more dynamic and useful Swapmeet section for all our SnoWest Members.

=====

The feature lists below are detailed but not completely comprehensive. Some features exist that are not mentioned here.

Classified Ad Templates
  • Categories can use provided templates for Classifieds For Sale, Wanted.
  • New templates easily added
  • Additional custom fields per category
  • Extensive customization of categories for look and feel

User Features

• NEW! Sellers can place classified ads for fixed prices or with optional eBay style bidding enabled
  • Sellers can upload several photos to display with each classified ad
  • Sellers can set an expiration date for each ad
  • SOLD IT! and RELIST IT! options to disable/re-enable ads
  • NEW! User feedback system to provide ratings and feedback for buyers and sellers
  • Contact seller page allows buyers to contact sellers without revealing seller email address
  • Search by keyword

Registration System Features

• Integrates with third-party forums; including vB2, vB3, UBB Threads, phpBB2, InvisionBoard, Nuke/PostNuke, DCFroums+, SMF, Ikon and PhotoPost/ReviewPost
  • Supports user groups and admin editing of user groups to enable specific permissions for different users
  • User profiles
  • Encrypted passwords
  • Supports COPPA (can be disabled)
  • Auto verify user email address
  • Admin editing of user levels and profiles
  • Ban users
  • Allow/disallow new user registrations.
  • Allow users to change passwords.
  • An automated "I Forgot my password" feature.

Other Features
  • MySQL database driven
  • Can integrate with vbPortal
  • Multi-language support via template files. English provided.
  • ZLIB compression support to speed page loading, reduce bandwidth
  • Option to require users be registered to view ads
  • UBB/VB Code (linkify, bold, etc) for ad descriptions
  • Traffic tested on sites with over 3M monthly page views
  • Dynamic titles for pages to improve search engine indexing
  • Help system. Popup windows with help topics.
  • Configurable date formats and time offsets per user
  • GD2 support for image resizing, watermarks and on-the-fly watermarks (or use ImageMagick for all but on-the-fly)
  • ImageMagick support for image resizing and watermarks (or use GD2)
  • Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, and TIF file formats for ad images when using ImageMagick, or JPG, GIF and PNG formats when using GD2
  • Automatic thumbnail creation of ad images
  • Thumbnail display pages show details for each ad such as number of views and date posted.
  • Product images stored on disk in a directory rather than in the database, which allows them to be cached by browsers, saving bandwidth.
  • Number of ads limited only by your server's diskspace (for images) and MySQL's record limits
  • IP caching
  • prevents multiple views in a configurable timeframe
  • Known to work on RaQ 3/4 systems

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
MN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond reputeMN_Nole has a reputation beyond repute
Default emails

How come PM's from the admin get sent to my email but not when PM's from members that I have contacted and look for response don't.

I appreciate all the work you have done to and for the forums, but I hope this is something you can fix. I just dislike updates to my mobile that say you have a PM when its only a admin notification for changes to the 4m.
Thanks.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Currently: I got Nothin
Thanked 1,191 Times in 791 Posts
LiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Nole View Post
How come PM's from the admin get sent to my email but not when PM's from members that I have contacted and look for response don't.

I appreciate all the work you have done to and for the forums, but I hope this is something you can fix. I just dislike updates to my mobile that say you have a PM when its only a admin notification for changes to the 4m.
Thanks.
in forum options under usercp, there is an option to select email notification of pm's from peeps

Old 10-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Currently: Collecting Pine Needles
Thanked 1,251 Times in 747 Posts
KSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Nice update for swapmeet

Now the little things,

Dial-up beware? If they load all the possible pics.

Listing a ad, I would make it 4 steps by categorizing it in a step. then itemize.
I see a lot of newbs putting parts in the sled listings, I almost didn't scroll down.

Shipping, You have to list a price or it posts NONE, for most of the stuff sold here we either list it shipping included or depends on your location.

Shipping, a section for if your willing to ship to Canada or US or to Foreign soil .

You can only ad a Photo Bucket pic in the description?

Location Required, nice addition, but I can put timbuktoo in there and it accepts it.

Buy it now/pay now, automatically put quantity at 6

Item description default is Excellent?

KSH

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient
I will get to you shortly.

Last edited by KSH; 10-11-2009 at 11:19 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to KSH For This Useful Post:
BIGGDAWG (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Basic Member
nickels is an unknown quantity at this point

Where you can list the condition of the item. I would like to see brand new as an option.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 AM
CROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond reputeCROW has a reputation beyond repute

IMO if I wanted to buy and sell on ebay, then I would. The swapmeet didn't need a complete overhaul, just a little tweak here and there.
Push yourself, the sled will follow

Mine- 2014 RMK 800 155
My son's-2012 ProRMK 800 155

Old 10-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Xrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you enable the search feature to query on a 3 digit number?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xrider For This Useful Post:
klrgreenis (10-11-2009), Steve D (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Currently: getting the pro ready
the fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Tried listing a wanted to buy item, would not let me past the 2nd stage, the drop box was empty with no options. since i could not make a selection it kept looping back.

another year older

Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Currently: waiting for snow
Basic Member
mrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond repute

On the length of time remove the " no expiration " . It should be a 30 day max. add only. If people don't sell it in 30 days they can always use the relist option.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Currently: Need more snow!
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
FirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond reputeFirstPlaceParts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Listing

I went to list an item as a business and I would not let me past the 2nd step, the drop down is empty.

Thanks
Mark

Dealer for: Klim, MotorFist, 509, HMK, Slednecks, Boss Seats, BCA, Snobunje, and much more.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Basic Member
HUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond reputeHUNDO has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Currently: waiting for a sno pro!!
Basic Member
69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future69charged has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Currently: rowing my boat
Basic Member
wrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond reputewrench2race has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Nubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 12:47 PM
geetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant futuregeetz-123 has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Currently: ......................... ......................... ......................... ............
Basic Member
Steve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond reputeSteve D has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
BIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
BIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeBIGGDAWG has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Currently: jonesin'
Abominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Currently: Collecting Pine Needles
Thanked 1,251 Times in 747 Posts
KSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond reputeKSH has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Currently: getting the pro ready
the fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond reputethe fix-it guy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Currently: The person Elky looks up too.
Thanked 3,834 Times in 2,152 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 AM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register