For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
SnoWest Announcements This forum is for announcements from your web administrators to all members of the SnoWest Forums.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,186 Times in 7,185 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default SNOWEST FORUMS: New MODERATORS wanted

Dear SnoWest Members:

Now that the sled forums have been fully organized I am in need of a few good moderators to help me manage them on a day-to-day basis. Unfortunately when most online forum members think of Moderators they think of Internet Thread Cops that are there just to enforce the rules and make their life miserable by restricting their ability to "freely express themselves". And while that does have to happen from time to time when legitimate problems arise, that is really NOT what being a good effective moderator is all about.

On SnoWest, being the Thread Cop will be the least of your responsibilities...

Let me give you an idea of what my moderators do...

=====
1st.
Moderators are "Thread Herders" first and foremost!!
In most cases this will take more of your time than any other part of being a Moderator.
This means your responsible for making sure threads end up in the correct forum.
If someone posts a thread in your forum, or one of your sub-forums that doesn't belong there, your responsible for MOVING it to where it should be.
This also means, that you get the honor of reviewing ALL the historical posts in your forum and moving them into their permanent home!

2nd.
Moderators are expected to take a VERY active role in their forums.
They should be one of the primary posters of new material.
I expect them to go out "hunting" for new material to post into their forums to stimulate new discussions.
Ideally, this would happen at least 2-3 times a week.
If your time permits, daily would be even better.
The Internet is a vast ocean of information, the key is in knowing where to look and then bringing it back into SnoWest for all of the members to find and put to use.

3rd.
Moderators should actively participate in the threads in their forum that are started by other members.
This means we should see your smiling Avatar on a regular basis in the threads in your forum.
One of your goals should be to foster as much participation of the other SnoWest members in your forum as possible.
And the best way to do this, is to be an active member of the threads.
Don't be shy, let them see you on a regular basis.

4th.
Even if time does not allow you to post anything, it is expected that SnoWest Moderators will drop in and check on the posts in their forum on at least a daily basis.
Based on the activity level of your forum, once a day may be sufficient, but in most forums it will require more frequent visits.
You will have to determine how often your presence is required.

5th.
The Forum moderator is responsible for intercepting the posting of any material that is not in accordance with the rules of SnoWest. In short, you become the front line of defense against anything that is inappropriate for SnoWest. As a Moderator on SnoWest, special tools will be made available to you that allow you control over the various threads posted to your forum. My expectation is that you will use these tools wisely and with prudence to ensure that the SnoWest members follow our rules. My experience has shown me that there is nothing that raises the ire of members more than a moderator nuking their posts, regardless of the justification. Thus this action should be used sparingly and only when absolutely required!

=====

Moderators on SnoWest need to be movers and shakers. They should be people with a passion and love for the sport who want to see SnoWest move itself forward and become the best possible online destination for Mountain Snomobilers in North America. They need to be individuals with TIME and ENERGY to donate on behalf of all the other members on a daily basis.

Here are some traits of an Ideal Moderator

1. Has been a member of SnoWest for at least 6 months, know the forums well, and who most of the "players" are.

2. Has been active on the forums and posted at least 250 times.

3. Have not been reported to any of the Admins as being a trouble maker or problem child.

4. Is not prone to arguments, combativeness, or feeling the need to engage in unending controversy with other members.

5. Not on a "power trip" about being a moderator.

6. Has some expertise in the topic of the assigned forum, wants to learn more, but does not have to be an expert on it!

7. Must be VERY comfortable on the Internet and searching out new material to post in their forums.

8. Has a thick hide and is not easily offended by the comments of other members.

9. Can accept constructive criticism and direction from the Admins without feeling belittled.

10. Has a daily job that allows them time to jump into and out of the forums all through the day.

===

If you think YOU might be the right man or woman for the job, and would be interested in taking on the challenge, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE outlining WHY I should consider you and which forum you think you would be best at moderating.

Last edited by christopher; 10-16-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
rknight111 (09-14-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Currently: Working to play
Basic Member
c-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond reputec-bolt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Dang.....I just want to sit around and delete random posts all day...

Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Currently: experiencing Silber turbo permagrin
Thanked 6,598 Times in 2,362 Posts
tudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond repute

that list pretty much removes all active members

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tudizzle For This Useful Post:
Bocephus (02-19-2014), MtnDoo (10-04-2009), skippyh2o (12-13-2013), sledhead ut (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Currently: desert dirt bike stuff
hatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond reputehatchers has a reputation beyond repute

ill take the job

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchers For This Useful Post:
sledhead ut (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Currently: MULE
Ex-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond repute

no max thread or thread whores, huh? Guess that rules out this smiling/bouncing/whatever avatar.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ex-Member For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,156 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudizzle View Post
that list pretty much removes all active members
Thats what I was thinking.... maybe you just need to fail as few qualifications as possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainTrashCat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Currently: jonesin'
Abominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I was all excited to apply but as I read through the post my enthusiasm waned a little when I got to trait #2's caveat: "Has been active on the forums and posted at least 250 times (not in any of the REP threads)", and it dropped a little further when I got to trait #3: "Have not been reported to any of the Admins as being a trouble maker or problem child." (It was a simple rick roll, and I was only banned for 1 day!), but I was still thinking I might qualify despite this, until I got to the end of the post, the coup de grace, the kiss of death for my application:

Thread Whores Need Not Apply.

Oh well, back to the bacon thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abominable For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Scut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond reputeScut Farkus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchers View Post
ill take the job
hatchers gets my vote

Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Currently: The chief export of Chuck Norris is PAIN!
snow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond reputesnow_knight has a reputation beyond repute

Christopher.. you already know my answer..

Nate bought this spot for a guided can hunt..
patent pending: rejuvenate
maxxed
NO THANKS!!! WHATEVER YOU FIGURE!!

The Following User Says Thank You to snow_knight For This Useful Post:
rknight111 (09-14-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Basic Member
ADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond reputeADRENALINE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

10. Has a daily job that allows them time to jump into and out of the forums all through the day.

? Wouldn't that be sweet! Dang, really thought Mule would be a good one!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Basic Member
revpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond reputerevpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Currently: Newman's parents didn't love him
The Baconator
Thanked 1,131 Times in 863 Posts
togwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Currently: experiencing Silber turbo permagrin
Thanked 6,598 Times in 2,362 Posts
tudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Currently: I got Nothin
Thanked 1,191 Times in 791 Posts
LiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute76FOMOCO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to 76FOMOCO For This Useful Post:
kiliki (09-10-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Currently: Just getting thrashed!!!!
Basic Member
graveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond reputegraveler has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to graveler For This Useful Post:
Tumblina (09-10-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Currently: Newman's parents didn't love him
The Baconator
Thanked 1,131 Times in 863 Posts
togwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond reputetogwotee9 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanked 2,145 Times in 1,281 Posts
snowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snowmobiler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Currently: Doing yard work.....
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,954 Posts
94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to 94fordguy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Currently: Parting M8 Turbo
TheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Currently: I got Nothin
Thanked 1,191 Times in 791 Posts
LiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond reputeLiveAlaska has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to LiveAlaska For This Useful Post: