• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
enclosed trailer tips now with pictures

hey I have done a few upgrades to my and other trailers. what have you done?

one inexpensive upgrade is to add cubical shelfs for storage. You know the kind that have the front door you lift and slide back across the top. bolt them on and add a plate to the top to kee stuff from falling out when you open them. they work great!

another is use tread mill belts to cover the gaps when the doors are openI hold them down with 2" aluminum strips keeps the snow out or at least its easy to remove.

DSC00812.jpg

here are some other upgrades, the best is the flurescent lighting (6 four foot lights) and electrical outlets. I do all the sled maintenance in the trailer. the next is the work table.

DSC00818.jpg

what are your upgrades?

Last edited:
S
Nov 21, 2007
NE WY
I like the belts over the door gap idea. Good one.

On an old trailer I put down ski guides and then filled in between with 1/4 inch plywood. It would work good for protection from studs if you needed it but for me it worked great because it kept the floor mostly flat so I didn't stumble over the guides and it makes sweeping a lot nicer.

A
Dec 8, 2007
Using ski skins was the best money I have spent on the trailer. Ive painted the floor twice with an oil based deck stain and the walls with Ultra White interior trim paint , it still looks great . Looking back I should have had the trailer insulated .

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
some will disagee with me on this but I wont pain my foor or put any coating on it.

I think the floor needs to breath to get rid of absorbed moisture from both sides top and bottom.

My clear plywood is 6 years old with an average of 20 uses a season no bubbles or anything. I think paint/coverings are a waste on trailers and cause more problems than they cure.

spomey

M
Dec 7, 2007
Alberta
some will disagee with me on this but I wont pain my foor or put any coating on it.

I think the floor needs to breath to get rid of absorbed moisture from both sides top and bottom.

My clear plywood is 6 years old with an average of 20 uses a season no bubbles or anything. I think paint/coverings are a waste on trailers and cause more problems than they cure.

spomey

If you stain or paint or put bedliner on your floor arnt you sealing the plywood. how would moisture get to the wood so why would you need to let dry wood breathe :confused: :confused: I have put a couple different coatings on trailer floors and they all stand up very good

F
Jul 26, 2001
Burien, Wa
I used marine grade plywood, rolled out undercoating on the bottem and sides of the plywood and then put it down, and painted the topside with a cheep oil based paint. I repaint every other year looks like new all the time. seven years on this floor. I ripped the first floor out after one season..

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I saw a post somewhere that was asking about the lower trailers that had fenders inside. I bought a Charmac Tri-Sport that was set up this way. It pulls really well and seems way nicer to load and walk on the ramps that aren't so steep. I put super glides over the fender wells and it worked great. I build little ramps for the transition and cover the whole thing.

The fenders aren't a pain at all and i like that I can haul my Polaris Ranger crew cab or a hot rod eventually. The "Rumber" floor that they use is nice too, can't even see a mark in it. EW

100_6662.jpg

100_6664.jpg

100_6665.jpg

100_6666.jpg

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Also found a cheap RV step and some inside storage. Anyone know a good source for the fold down bench seats?

100_6677.jpg

100_6668.jpg

100_6672.jpg

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
for treadmills, you can buy a new one from me, I have 5-6 kicking around and you need 1 maybe two. I wouldnt want much basically to cover shipping.

or you can call a place that services treadmills, they just throw used ones away.

I use 2" wide aluminum strips about .070 thick the material I found works best is T-6 the T-0 bends way too easily.

whenever you are putting two flat surfaces together wet both surfaces. meaning put a bit of silicone, rtv, glue, paint anything that dries it doesnt really matter, put some between the floor and the belt then some between the belt and the 2" strip. screws every 6 inches alternating down each side, you wont have a problem. I will post trailer pics tonight no time this morning

Spomey

Premium Features