• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 755 with high idle and intermidant PERC

A
Jan 3, 2008
Hey guys lookin for a little help
just did rebuild as broken throttle body boot & seized connecting rod bearing

so i do a total rebuild and get it in the machine and running.....now I go to put it in reverse and nothing......so i check my connections and then start again.... still nothing......so now i am geting angry .......i start it for a third time and bam the thing goes in reverse three times in a row so i beleive this is fixed and shut it off start it again to move it out of garage and bam no reverse again
now mean while i have a high idle.... the cable returns to idle postion but the rpms stay about 2700.... i juice it a couple of times and it stays at 2700ish now if you just start it it idles at 1150.... i have tried to adjust the idle screw with no avail
just a note i replace oil pump cable and fbf is gettin me his setup but i would still like to fix and understand this

ANY HELP APPRECIATED AND I WILL SAY THANKS IN ADVANCE

S
Nov 28, 2007
won't go into reverse if rpm above 2200 or so. If it carbs you may need to adjust throttle cable tension, might be holding slides open. Efi then I would check for air leak on motor side or Tps sensor. Tps has to be set correctly so ecm knows where its at.

A
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks for the info guys i am off to get the parts to build a tester and get this reset tonight.........Hope this fixes the reverse issue aswell

A
Jan 3, 2008
thanks
After reading and watching video mountainhorse posted i think i need to set it up again as we did adjust idlescrew and now i understand that this hole system runs on voltage so everything is out of wack i am sure.....

my biggest fear is that reverse will still not work but i will have to wait and see

A
Jan 3, 2008
ok i have set the tps and now the machine does not idle at all and does not go into reverse at all
but it still starts very easy........ i took it for a quick rip and it has has a issue above 5500 rpm like it is running on one cylinder......i beleive new plugs will take care of that but i am confused now has anyone got any suggestions on why it does not idle.....am i missing something

Last edited:
Premium Features