• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! Handwarmers dont work.

J
May 8, 2008
I bought my first sled this year, bought my in laws used one. a 98 Mountain Max 700. I rode it a lot last year and noticed the hand and thumb warmers would work sometimes and sometimes not. This year, they have not worked at all. Since I am new to all this, I wanted to reach out to my fellow riders and ask for help with any ideas on what it might be. I need the heat!

first and easiest check all the connections. ive seen the bullet connectors come loose. then test the grips for continuity. if one is bad, the system wont work. after that, it gets a little more indepth. check above first, and report back.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
97, 98 & 99 M-Max's had issues with the hand warmers extending past the end of the handle bar tubs. Does the last 1" or so of eather hand grip wiggle? If so it has probably broke the heat wire inside the grip. It would need to be replaced.

FYI You may want to invest in some plug tips or hooks to help the ends form bending.

M
Nov 26, 2007
If the hand warmers move at all, the internal wire are probably broken.

Hook a meter up to the bullet connections, and read resistance for each grip seperatly. If they grips do move on the bars, while reading resistance move the grips. To see if you get a short...

Premium Features