• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with 16 axys bypass coolant hose

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Somehow developed a small leak in the hose that runs from underneath the thermostat down the throttle body side of the motor underneath the motor down to the water pump. I have no way to replace it currently as I am on a trip. I can plug it. I can cap the nipple coming off the bottom of the head and I can also Cut the hose down and plug it. Is there any issues with this? If not, what do I need to watch out for seeing that I illuminated the bypass system.. Thank you

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
Somehow developed a small leak in the hose that runs from underneath the thermostat down the throttle body side of the motor underneath the motor down to the water pump. I have no way to replace it currently as I am on a trip. I can plug it. I can cap the nipple coming off the bottom of the head and I can also Cut the hose down and plug it. Is there any issues with this? If not, what do I need to watch out for seeing that I illuminated the bypass system.. Thank you

I'm running no t-stat on my 2016 SKS and that hose is capped off, engine temps 95-100 all day long even on trails. You are fine if you can cap that off successfully.

Premium Features