• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gas cap leaking

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
Never had this happen before... 2017 RMK Pro 800 ~400miles.

When completely upside down, the gas cap (it looks like it's coming from the clear fuel level viewing plastic) leaks...bad. As in completely pissing out fuel. I made sure the cap is tight, and no visible cracks on the cap.

Anyone have this issue? I'm running 50/50 100LL/92, so for each minute the sled is upside down..that's quite a bit of $$$ !

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
There is a flat rubber gasket in the top of the threaded part of the cap. Sometimes the can get pushed out of place.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
This happened to my wife’s 16 this last week. I don’t think that rubber gasket will help where it’s leaking, right where clear plastic meets the cap itself. We had a spare sled so we robbed that cap and I haven’t looked at the leaker yet, but I would guess it could be popped out of place. Maybe silicone could fix it if it could be taken out and reinstalled. Otherwise buy a new one they aren’t much over $20 I think.

Premium Features